Anyone been able to compare the SQ of Roon Nucleus vs. MacBook Air?

For the last several years I've wanted to reclaim my MacBook Air laptop for laptoping! I was thinking of 2 options. Trade my Mytek Brooklyn in plus $1200.00 for a Brooklyn Bridge or spend approximately the same money for a Roon Nucleus. My laptop has been plugged into my DAC via USB. I believe the Roon Nucleus could be hooked up the same way. Anyone been able to compare the two? It would seem a dedicated device would have less noise issues and time out issues. Is there a better way to connect the MacBook Air? Would a Mac Mini offer any advantages? Any advice is always appreciated!
128x128coachpoconnor
Post removed 
I run Roon from a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ubuntu 20 LTS.  I've had USB connectivity issues, but I just realized I had a very old firmware version and the readme says they fixed it. :)

The Pi 4 with 4 Gigs and case was ~ $15-
I assembled an Intel NUC and installed ROCK which is the same OS that runs on a Nucleus for about $700 and use a raspberry pi4 running Ropiee as an endpoint. The main advantage to me is the OS is optimized for Roon and the sound improved switching from a Windows PC running the core. The Nucleus. Costs more and I know a lot of people here run very expensive streamers which if using roon is just an endpoint and pay more for the USB cable than I did for the NUC and raspberry pi4. Perhaps you could tell  enough difference to go that route but I couldn’t.
Post removed 
If you follow Roon’s Core and Endpoint architecture you will be better off... Use your MacBook Air and/or other general purpose computer(s) including a Nuc or Nuc clone as a Core and find a "Roon Ready" Endpoint (read RAAT capable Streamer) to hook your DAC to... Or get a RAAT capable Streamer with an internal DAC...

See rule #1 below...  https://kb.roonlabs.com/Sound_Quality