Distortion on the Power Line

I have a couple of PS Audio Power Plants.
The distortion off the wall has typically been 3.5 to  4.0.  For the last week it has been over 7%.  I checked around the house and can see no changes.  Anyone have any ideas what it is?  Have Russian Hackers moved in next door?  People huddling at home on their computers?

sm2727
I'd suggest that the construction activity may be a source...but only during the 'normal working day'.
If it's at night, or weekends without presence of construction....
It's elsewhere.  
Air compressors, spray gear, older generators, and vehicles aren't designed to be 'quiet' with regard to electronics...but if they're not running...*shrug*
Ok.... so i tried going through the whole house....turned all the breakers off and turned them on one at a time and watched the meter.  No change. I also changed the power source for the power plant to several locations.  It does dip below 6% now so it isn't constant.....Checked the PS audio blog and came away thinking maybe 6 or 7% isn't so crazy.....it is the change that bothers me....
I think it is either just occurring from various sources or it is a power company problem/possibly a change in the power acquisition pattern.    I will call them and explain that i am a tweaky audionut concerned about a changed reading on a "regenerator"  that i use to run my record player  and i can prove it is their fault......i  am sure they will be sympathetic.......
Wish me luck.
Thanks again for the ideas and commiseration.

Believe it or not, power companies may be interested if you get the right person. High THD is not to their benefit or liking.
Ok.... so i tried going through the whole house....turned all the breakers off and turned them on one at a time and watched the meter. No change.

Did you try listening? Its easy to hear. The few times I've done this for people they have all been surprised how big a difference it made. Yet another example of the inadequacy of meters.
I officially recuse myself from this thread as I saw the writing on the wall outlet a long time ago and hopped off the grid about four years ago and never looked back. 👀 No more crappy AC house power, floating grounds, no more power cords, interconnects, no more speaker cables the size of anacondas, no more big honking transformers, no more fuses. They all produce noise and distortion. If you can tolerate noise and distortion more power to you. As Bob Dylan says at the end of all his records, good luck to everybody!