Innuos Zen MK III and Cocktail Audio X50D - streamer/servers

So I just purchased a Cocktail Audio X50D and I am...underwhelmed. It was tough to find any decent detailed reviews on the Cocktail, I did look. It just checked off all of my boxes so I thought I would try it.

What I was looking for was:
1. Decent Sound Quality
2. Internal Storage
3. Access to Tidal or QoBuz (haven't decided yet as I need to explore more)
4. A video output to be able to see album art (or menus, etc) on my TV (my home stereo in my living room is also my 2 channel system)

So, the Cocktail does not have fantastic sound (I think my Sony HAP ZiES sounded better), and the graphics/GUI on the Cocktail audio are less than ideal. Seriously - like late 1990s level of quality. The GUI is extremely un-user friendly. I know, I should give it more time.

However, to hedge my bets I am looking at other servers/streamers while I still have the ability to return the Cocktail.

The Zen MK III seems to get very favorable reviews for both sound and ease of use, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience, especially in these areas:
1. Is it possible to have it display album art, etc on a TV?
2. How would I connect it to a Krell Foundation?

The Krell has HDMI inputs, Digital Optical, Coaxial Digital Audio, Balanced XLR and of course RCA.
I guess the Zen doesn't do any DAC, which is fine because the Krell does that very nicely, but how could I get the physically get the signal into the Krell?

Would I need an external DAC? The Zen only has USB 2.0 and ethernet outputs.
https://www.innuos.com/en/catalog/go/zen-mk3-1tb-hdd-black

Anyway, if anyone has any comments that would be appreciated, as well as another streamer/server that can do what I am looking for that someone likes.

Thanks!

babyseaotter99
The Zen is very good but should be connected to a roon end point dac (and your internet) through ethernet.
Something like the Emprical Audio Offramp will convert USB to other outputs (including I2S if the Krell supports it), but it’s expensive.  No idea about video. 
If your priority is sound quality with ease of use don’t waist anymore of your time with the Cocktail servers return it and get your money back ,..What you’ve read about the Innuos product line is solid information you can trust.

Management of your music collection is similar to other servers streamers on the market using your phone / iPad or what have you. I don’t know what the advantages are looking at a fixed album cover on a tv would be as opposed to a hand held device.

Dont get too hung up on only having a USB / Ethernet option , that alone kept me from even considering the Innuos server line until I finally listened to the Innuos Zenith 3.
However if you just gotta have a specific input output there’s lots of converters available on the market .

Innuos server product line cover anyone’s budget which includes their entry level server with built in dac with optional power supplies.
I use a Zenith 3 with the Innuos Phoenix, this combination is the biggest single jump in sound quality I’ve ever experienced.

in_shore
Yeah, I am thinking the "display on a TV" was really just a wish, and I am not hung up on it. I am quickly realizing the Cocktail is just not that high quality of a product. Th GUI is more frustrating on a daily basis..

What software/application do you use (with your phone or tablet) to navigate and play music on the MK3?
Is there a native one for the unit or do you have to buy/install something else?

Also, what purpose does the Phoenix serve?

So you have a MK3, which then feeds into the Phoenix, and then to a DAC, and then to an amplifier/processor?