My record player sounds slightly high pitched

A few months ago my records started sounding really high pitched. I went in to see if the belt slipped, and it had, I fixed it and then it sounded a lot better, but still not quite right. Which is where I am now. I just switched out the needle so it’s not that I would imagine. My brand of record player is Jopostar, (which is a cheaper brand I think so maybe that has something to do with it?) if that helps. Any ideas?
omegawalrus32
Start saving for a better turntable. Aim for a Pioneer PLX1000 with Nagaoka MP110 and Schiit Mani phono amp. 
Below that, a Project Debut Carbon/Audio Technica AT95 would be a decent starter table. All those cheaper ones are junk. 
Hi,
higher pitch = higher speed.
Try a strobe disk to see how far out.
Belts with age tend to slower speeds so could be a drive issue.
Does your tt have pitch control or is the speed knob working properly?
I would care for a better tt.
Just see if you are close on the speed. Download the turntabulator app on your phone, it's free, and see what it says. Not as precise, but close enough for diagnosing your problem.

Tip, put your phone on a roll of masking or other tape so it can lay flat over the spindle.
Post removed 
The iPhone app is known to be inaccurate. In a situation where you really want to know what is happening, it is not the best tool. Anyway, the OP seems to have lost interest in his own problem. So we need not get excited about the solution.