Are integrated amps technically better than separates?

I'm assuming we are talking same class of amplifier and the integrated has the features you want. I'm thinking the integrated could actually be an improvement over separates due to being a more "direct" connection. Taking away the flexibility factor of separates, is my line of thinking correct?
aberyclark
I prefer separate units; and here’s why:  you get more flexibility. For instance, combining a tube preamp with a much more powerful power amp; even mono block units; Very unlikely you’d reach the same power levels at the equivalent cost in an integrated amp. 
Not to say the there's not deals on integrated, just not as many.
I Wonder why?

Price conscious (emphasis on conscious) value buyers tend to think longer term and tend to buy integrated amps. All the advertising, profits, and sales are geared up for separates. Consequently separates buyers tend to be less value and long term oriented. The fact of the top end of the market being people who actually consider a high price a value in and of itself drives separates far more than integrateds. All these things combine so of course whether they are realizing their mistake or chasing the next big thing either way there's gonna be more separates being sold than the market can support, and so there go the prices. Down. Where they should have been in the first place.

Integrated amps are almost always built on compromises. When a name brand comes out with an integrated, reviewers claim the integrated is a combination of this amp and this preamp and possible a dac and phono that currently exist in their separate lineup. But in reality, they are not. I have compared multiple integrated with the brands separates and the separates sounded better, but the separates cost more money. You don’t get anything for free. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t very good integrated amps out there because there are.
Very unlikely you’d reach the same power levels at the equivalent cost in an integrated amp.

Power wise, maybe not. Sound Quality I know it can be BETTER.
I had an Accuphase.. Integrated can have it all.. That unit bested many a Krell, Mcintosh, ML, setups... I know I owned them..Some units can still add singles along with the integrated, the best of ALL worlds.. Integrated, separates, SS, and or valve..

I'm pretty happy now, but for the dollar, starting all over again..I might go integrated.

Regards