Are integrated amps technically better than separates?

I'm assuming we are talking same class of amplifier and the integrated has the features you want. I'm thinking the integrated could actually be an improvement over separates due to being a more "direct" connection. Taking away the flexibility factor of separates, is my line of thinking correct?
aberyclark
One reason why most top-end preamps have separate power supplies.

Of course, nothing sells like excess.
I'm thinking the integrated could actually be an improvement over separates due to being a more "direct" connection. Taking away the flexibility factor of separates, is my line of thinking correct?

It is. To match the performance of a good integrated amp requires a very good and high quality (read: expensive) interconnect between the pre amp and amp. To say nothing of another quality power cord. Add in the cost of the extra PC and IC and its still possible to get better performance, but only by spending vastly more money. 

If you're like me then and you care about performance per dollar the integrated amp really is the only way to go.
 https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367

Post removed 
NO! There is simply no getting around the advantage of separating components, power supplies, etc.