Who's done it besides me ?

The worst thing you could do while playing some vinyl snap off the *&%$# cantilever yes I did it so pissed
So my table is a Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify arm ,Talismann cartridge ,Outer Limit weight and HRS record weight 
When to flip the record took everything off flip the record then put HRS back on when to put on the Outer Limit on and SNAP caught it with the side of my pinky I guess boron cantilever are really brittle can't find it any where accept a few shards I'm allways so careful I keep the guard and dust cover on when not using it 
So if you have totaled your cartridge how did you do it and did you replace it retip it upgraded it or down graded it like to hear your stories and you can see my rig in virtual systems 
Time to take a deep breath and pour a bourbon and no I didn't have one before LOL

Enjoy your music
Tom
128x128tomstruck
I would avoid boron. Whatever Stanton uses, you can straighten it back pretty good with needle nose pliers.
Im very careful never had that happen.However once i had a needle just fall off.These things do happen but it is worth it to have records to play still much better than streaming. 
I'd had my Technics EPS-310MC re-tipped by SS.   After a few weeks on the job, I was cleaning the stylus and the cantilever snapped off where welded.  I was disappointed but after the re-tip I never really like it anyway.  The re-tip completely changed the way it sounded.  It was ok, it just didn't sound the same.  I dropped the remains in the trash.  If a cartridge worn I just replace it.
I still have a Supex 900 Super body without cantilever that serves as a reminder of a "Momentary Lapse of Reason".
My condolences.