Fidelity Research FR64s Headshell dilemma

Dear FR64S users can you help me please. I have an FR64S that i bought without a headshell. I have only just got round to getting it mounted. I did pivot to spindle distance of 231.5 (the alternative distance' I also have an armboard for 230.
I tried a Sony headshell that i had - it was 2mm short of correct alignment. So I bought a new Jelco headshell it was also too short. 
CAn you tell me what headshell does work to allow other cartridges to work. I'm just using a DL103 for alignment first as I fettle the rest of my front end.

thanks
lohanimal
Dear @lewm  : The difference between P2S 231.5mm and 230mm is not overhang. Now if what you said is that the difference between EL and P2S distances is overhang then is correct.

Now, according orthodox alignment calculations we can't know the P2S  distance till we have the overhang that's an output of that alignment calculations.

R.-
Dear @lohanimal  : I have no idea of your protractor. When you are making the cartridge alignment what  must be parallel is not the cartridge body to the lines but the cartridge cantilever.

If the stylus tip " won't reach the hole " then the set up is not " perfectly " accurate.

You need an universal protractor as the Feickert that you can use with any cartridge/tonearm combination using Löfgren A/Baerwald alignment alternative.

R.
Dear @dover : ""  Just because the stylus is conical, does not mean alignment is irrelevant. """

you are rigth, stylus tip shape has no " interest "/is not involved in the cartridge/tonearm alignment set up.
That is only common sense that stupid persons not have because in any pivoted tonearm design always exist tracking error/tracking distortions all over the recorded LP surface but at the alignment null points.

Now, that a person can't detect the tracking distortions generated by that tracking errors and as you said does not means does not exist because always are there .

Problems about always exist with persons with extremely low knowledge levels.

R.
In the article written by Kessler and Pisha (Audio, Januari 80)
''Tonearm geometry and setup'' there is an chart with all adjustment
parameter for the most tonearms of this time . The possible errors
by the construction are also mentioned. The most errors are made
by ''offset angle''. The ''optimal offset'' is also mentioned.
By FR-64 S the Stevenson geometry is assumed . As we all (?)
know the spindle - pivot distance is different for Bearwald. This
geometry provide the best AVERAGE values for the record surface.
Stevenson give better results for the ''inner groves'' which distance
to the spindle is not clear. Besides the most records in my collection
have no ''inner grove problem'' at all. Only few records are ''cut'' 
near the spindle. For Stevenson geometry the ''effective length''
is 245 mm . For Bearwald 246. 
BTW by the most protractors the spindle dimension( thickenss) 
is not taken in consideration. Well by Mint tractor. As chakster
mentioned Mint tractor is meant for one tonearm only. I use 3
tonearms and ordered 3 Mint tractors. Those are very easy to
use. As far as I know only Dertonarm protractor has this
''spindle adjustment'' possibility. 
By FR-64 S the Stevenson geometry is assumed.

Exactly, this is how IKEDA designed his tonearms and it’s easy to check, because when PS is correct the stylus of his fixed (headshell integrated cartridges like FR-7fz) drops at Stevenson point without any adjustment, not at Baerwald or Lofgren, and ONLY in this position OFFSET ANGLE is correct with PS distance that stated in the manual and printed on FR template that comes with the tonearm.

Ikeda designed his tonearm with Stevenson alignment/geometry, period.

Everyone who think he’s smarter than IKEDA-SAN can experiment with alternative alignments or alternative PS distance, but in my opinion this is not necessary until a person can actually HEAR the difference according to his personal preferences.

I’m using FR-7fz with FR-64fx tonearm and this combination is stunning!

I can’t hear any f*****g distortion some people are talking about here. And i already have in use 2 more tonearms with Baerwald alignment next to my FR-64fx / FR-7fz combo with Stevenson. I can’t say which method is better, they are all good, no audible distortion for my ears (and my system is pretty good with all top quality components).

Anytime i have new tonearm and cartridge i follow manufacturer recommendation only, i trust to tonearm/cartridge designer more than to anybody else! Until i will be actually HEAR there is a problem i don’t care about all these pointless theoretical speech that one alignment is better than another.

Trust your ears (and experienced tonearm designer).