Aurender N10

From mfr product puff: "[Aurender]  N10’s AES/EBU, BNC, Coaxial, and Optical outputs provide a superior musical presentation. As opposed to an asynchonous USB connection, where the DAC pulls packets of information from the player, N10’s SPDIF and AES/EBU audio outputs push signal out to the DAC at intervals defined by the on-board OCXO clock. With a clock this precise, trust us, you want to use it!"

Anyone have a basis to agree or disagree?
hickamore
@hickamore,

Without a doubt N10’s SPDIF and AES/EBU audio outputs are superior over its USB output due to signal from these outputs being regulated by one of the finest on-board OCXO clock. I’ve used both of these outputs for a very long time with DAC’s prior to acquiring EMM Labs DA2.

@auxinput makes a good point about USB implementation in your DAC. I have used couple of DAC’s with N10 that did not have SOTA
DA2’s meticulous and superb implementation of DSD and USB. In that setup, N10 shines via SPDIF and AEX/EBU output. But with DA2 DAC, I am unable to tell the difference between USB and SPDIF or AES outputs. For the sake of convenience and simplicity (one less $$$ digital cable) I am now listening N10 through USB only as it supports wide variety of resolutions without the hassle of switching back and forth between PCM and USB.

Another fine example of SOTA USB implementation in a server/ renderer is Innuos Statement but it cost almost twice as much. You can get a less expensive server in Innuos line up and add USB re-clocker to get as close to Statement performance but then you’re also looking at extra shelf space, USB and Power cables.

I have yet to find another renderer that can rival N10’s superlative sound quality, exquisite build, versatility and superb Conductor app.
As noted above, the Aurender N10 Music streamer supports BOTH USB and AES/EBU digital output connections to my DAC.  

I prefer the AEB/EBU digital connection (a high priority for me).   Based on my switching back and forth, my ears always prefer the AEB/EBU connection.  For me, the music sounds better when I use the AES/EBU connection.   I use the Kubala-Sosna Emotion AES/EBU cable, balanced XLR from my Aurender N10 to my Bricasti M21 DAC.

I also use the Audience Au24 SE+ USB Cable (Single connections at each end but used two wires) for my USB Connection but rarely use it.  

I agree with @lalitk that the Aurender N10 Music Server is outstanding.  It has excellent sound quality, great build quality and an easy to use interface.  The Aurender Conductor App is simple to use and makes finding your music very easy.   

Thanks, everyone! So many variables. Sadly, DACs like the DA2 are well beyond my budget. Some of the cables mentioned are rather daunting in themselves. If the N10 can't be properly appreciated without $5K cables and $25K DACs, I'll need to lower my sights and head back to the bargain bin. Really appreciate your sharing of much useful information that I would never have learned without asking the veterans.
“If the N10 can't be properly appreciated without $5K cables and $25K DACs, I'll need to lower my sights and head back to the bargain bin.”

@hickamore,

No one said that N10 cannot be appreciated with lower priced DAC’s or cables. You came out here asking for a validation on manufacturer claim about its SPDIF / AES output superiority over USB and that’s exactly you heard from users that are intimately familiar with its strengths. 

Let me ask you a straightforward question, if were you pursue this player, what DAC you had in mind to pair with N10? 
@hickamore, Sorry, I do not understand.  Your original question was about SPDIF and AES/EBU connections vs. using an USB connection.   I answered your question and said, in my opinion, I felt that an AES/EBU connection sounded better than a USB connection.   This was based on my listening experience.

I never mentioned $5,000 cables or a $25,000 DAC are required to enjoy the Aurender N10.  I do not believe that anyone else said you had to spend that much to enjoy the N10.  I have since upgraded but the first DAC I used with my N10 was the Ayre Codex DAC priced at $1,795.   It sounded terrific.  

As I stated, I highly recommend the Aurender N10 and that super expensive cables, DAC's, etc. are NOT required to enjoy the musically of this wonderful music server.  I hope this convinces you to audition the Aurender N10 Music Server.