Matching for Music: Speakers or Electronics?

Hello all!

It is generally accepted that there are speakers that match well with certain genres of music as there are electronics (mainly amplifiers) that match well with certain genres of music. My question to you is, given the choice of one versus the other, what would have the biggest impact in terms of sonic “bliss”?

FWIW, I tend to listen to rock (classic rock & alternative), blues & classic jazz 90% of the time, throwing in some orchestral classical music when the mood strikes as the remainder.  
Thanks for any thoughts. Hope you & yours are doing well & staying safe!

Arvin
128x128arvincastro
On this forum scroll down to the thread "If you listen to anything other than Classic Jazz..." 

Read that thread and you will gain some insight. 
Arvin, I never thought of it the way you described. I listen to a wide spectrum of genres and if my speakers and amp weren't up to it, they'd be replaced.
Arvin....I disagree certain equipment works best with certain types of music.  I believe we as individuals will have a preference.  My suggestion is you focus on your ear and if you can get an opportunity to test the equipment in your house.   The objective of audio equipment reproducing music is constant...not all manufacturers do it equally well for a variety of reasons.

The different speaker types - horns, drivers, ribbon, etc- impact the listeners experience. 
After  7 decades I have NO doubt that some things sound better  with
certain types of music .  The objective is to make money and since thevast majority  of people listen to pop/rock ...............