Power cable for REL sub -- modestly priced

Does anyone have a suggestion for a longer cord for a REL 328 sub? It has a class D amp.
Before you suggest high dollar cords, please know that I'm not a skeptic, but am tapped out for power cords. And, for what it's worth, I had a Pangea AC9 1 meter power cord which I experimented with using my REL. Made zero difference. In fact, in an exchange with REL, they said this: "A while back, REL tested some third party power cords with our subs but did not find a noticeable impact."

So, my question is about a decently made but not pricey brand of extension cord for a REL sub. I'm not looking for Shunyata etc.  Any suggestions? Thanks.
128x128hilde45

hilde45
 OP
454 posts
05-15-2020 11:29am
"....The cord that comes with the REL is a Volex 1625 cord: Wire Gauge = 10, rated current =10A....."

The Volex 1625 power cord is rated for 10A but is 18AWG, NOT 10AWG. Same for my Rel sub and I replaced it with a 14AWG PC which is rated for 15A.
@wlutke
@turnbowm
If I need a reality check, I’m happy to have one — because it makes this an easy purchase.

But look at the Volex page:
https://www.volex.com/products/detail/v1625

It says:
Wire Gauge 10
Rated Current 7A, 10A, 12A, 13A, 15A
What could "Wire Gauge 10" mean except "wire gauge 10 AWG"?
The product you linked says a 10 gauge wire. But I think it's a misprint they seem to have a lot of cables labeled gauge 10.
Post removed