Speaker cable arrows???

I bought a used pair of Silverline Audio's Conductor cables. Plugged them in 
and was very pleased with the neutral sound I was getting. Bare wire to the 
speakers, and bananas on the amp end. Then I realized that the arrows on 
the cables where pointing towards the amp. OOPS, I reversed the path 
direction, and couldn't hear any difference. Zero.
My preference would be to have the bananas on the amp end.

Can I disobey the arrows, and run the cables effectively backwards?

markj941

when I got my first stereo I wish the seller had been less concerned with ensuring that the cable was put in the right way (and I was forever after terrified of putting it the wrong way incase I bust my system!) and more concerned with perhaps letting me listen to several pairs of speakers, ie the things that would entirely change the sound I was presented with.

I believe that this thread has turned into the lower lower end (duplicate on purpose) of high end. 
Jea48? Thank you! 
The thread you referenced earlier was absolutely on point!
 Herman and Kijanki both expound precisely with "correct" information to help explain doubts about this subject matter. And further they accomplish this in a way that I think most here can understand.
 Nsgarch, Almarg and also yourself, also add to this nicely rounded thread. 
 I would highly recommend that anyone here with any doubt or question on this subject? Please reference that thread before continuing here on this one;
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/directional-cables 

Um, That just looks wrong, 
What I meant, 
Please read the thread referenced by "Jea48" in the hypertext above. 
That is, before continuing here if you have any questions or doubt's about this subject.; "Directional audio cables".
While there is good information in that thread, maybe a few posts, most of it is a disaster, and pretty much none of it matters at audio bandwidths. Transmission line effects are not relevant at audio bandwidths and cable lengths except poorly matched digital cables and connections. Bulk effects would be far more relevant and there would need to be directional differences large enough to make a difference. There are many reasons cables can be directional and that thread only covers one really, but huuuge difference between reasons and MFG differences large enough to have any potential ability to be audible.