What your choice speakers with spikes or speakers with a vibration isolation device?

I am in the camp of vibration isolation. I think it makes sense that the less energy transfer into the floor goes into the air. I found these really cool magnetic isolation feet that I’ve never seen before. They are very affordable, the guys are from England. Here’s a link, The company is called solid air audio.https://solidairaudio.com
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xraysmtb1
Geoffcait, I don’t have enough scientific chops to say either way. I would think that if the bungee cords still had some spring affect in them then it would be the same or better than a spring loaded solution on the floor. I have been fascinated with the line array speakers that you see at commercial venues. They make sense there I wonder if that idea will creep in to the home audio market. I guess somebody is going to have to figure out how to make it lookLast commercial and more homey
Yes, bungee cords act like springs. Same idea whether the springs are compression type or the tension type. 
The best choice would depend upon the speakers used, the floor/substructure composition and (of course) your ears/preference.

List your gear/room/floor info in order to receive informed/meaningful opinions.

DeKay 
Delay,

‘’Tekton 4-10 subs (2) Onboard amps
‘Tekton  Moab  Speakers Mcintosh/caerver 275 bi amped
macintosh, mx122 pre, mb50 DAC,mpc1500 power, mac 1706 amp for surrounded speakers , Mac mvp 871 cd dvd, pine tree cabling thru-out

carpet over 3/4’ plywood on wood joist
room size 18 x 24. 8 ceiling 
Interesting cables (never heard of them, but just went through their site).

Your listening room is approx. the same dimensions as mine (though probably better as it's a rectangle instead of the odd horseshoe I have).

Assume that bass it full/deep as it has been in my room with previous fuller range speakers (than my current tiny Tots:-).

My first thought would be to isolate the subs from the sprung floor, while in turn simply spiking the speakers to the same (Tekton supplies spikes I gather).

Forget the name of the fave sub isolation platforms (not expensive as I recall) and perhaps another member can fill in the blank.

Think the manufacturer may also offer isolation stands for small desktop monitors.

DeKay