CAN WE AUDIOPHILES DO OUR PART?

So we're all tired of hearing about nothing but Covid-19 (or, as I term it, the C-Plague). What can we do, as audiophiles, to help with all this.
I was amazed, and delighted, when I went to the Cardas website to see that they are doing their part. Go to their website and you'll see their director, Angela Cardas, wearing a mask. If you click on the Cardas Nautilus logo in the upper left corner, you'll see pictures of people there in the factory making masks with sewing machines. I called the company to congratulate them, and spoke with a woman named Darla, who said it was their way, during this economic slump, to keep their employees working and also their way of trying to "do our part."
I'm not writing all this to advertise Cardas products. They are a very good company, but trust your ears, not anything I write, when it comes to buying their products. They do get credit, however, for helping me come to a realization that pushed me in the right direction. I called a woman I am friends with, who is 85 years old and is a good seamstress, to suggest she start making masks. She already was--and is. By phone she has organized several other women to do the same, and right now they are needing more material and elastic. I managed to gather about 50 pounds of material and am starting to gather elastic while also getting more material. But I don't sew. I can't help out with that. Any ideas as to what we--all of us who are good with our ears and focused with our budgets--can do to help out in other ways?

I realize this is an odd topic to bring to an audio forum, but it was a very socially responsible audio company that got me to thinking about it, and frankly I believe I should be socially responsible enough to do what I can to get other people to thinking about it. While also being open to other people's ideas about ways someone like me who is "just an audiophile" can help.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all ideas on this.

baumli
No not any barrier. Droplets (not large sneeze/cough particle), have a tendency to break up in the air and the heaviest ones drop fastest. A home made mask is more effective at preventing the exhalation of large droplets, that it is at preventing ingress when the average particle size has reduced some distance from the inhaler. As exhalation is under pressure, the home-made masks are not as good at filtering out small particles being exhaled, but they are better at stopping inhalation. Not intuitive, but ACTUAL TESTS, not anecdotal guesses have shown this. To this end, home made masks (not well made with HEPA), and non-N95/N100 masks, provide more benefit to everyone else, than they do to you.  Things won't be logical if you based your logic on guesses and not actual science.

First, we know that coronavirus is spread by droplets. Virtually any barrier in front of the face will keep droplets out of the nose and mouth of the wearer. In that regard, the mask being worn is primarily to protect the wearer and is effective in that role. So if you need a mask you should wear one to protect yourself. Sure there may be some added protection for others if you wear a mask. But not much over the mask they should be wearing if they need one. So in this case the idea that we should wear a surgical or homemade mask to protect others is not really logical.

Post removed 
The people I know that are serious about not getting the virus wear a N95 type or other good mask AND wear eye protection.  Many of you have written reams worth of paper stating that masks are not effective because of the potential eye infection and not come up with the obvious, put on protective glasses.
heaudio123, you’re even more gullible than I already thought. Most so called n95 masks are not even n95 spec. Why would the governors and states recommended making your own mask? Because it’s to stop the spread. Duh!

Jitter is gullible, too but I already knew that. Some people believe anything. They’re desperate. They also believed the pandemic wouldn’t last long, that drugs would come to the rescue, that a vaccine was right around the corner, that millions of tests were available, that the government would supply PPE and tests. 
@snarbut , Thank you for your service, and for your exposition. Looks like the same reason that Y2K didn't close down a few continents.