Dedicated 20 amp circuit - Electrician laughed!

I brought my electrician out to my house today to show him where I would like to install a dedicated 20a circuit for my system.  He laughed and said that's the stupidest thing he's heard and laughs when people talk about it.  It said, if you're going to do it, you have to have it separately grounded (shoving a new 8 foot rod into the ground) but even then, he sees no way there can be an audible improvement.

Now, he's not just an electrician though. He rebuilds tube amps on the side and tears apart amps and such all the time so he's quite well versed in audio electronics and how they operate.

He basically said anyone who thinks they hear a difference is fooling themselves.  

Personally, I'm still not sure, I'm no engineer, my room's not perfect, and I can't spend hours on end critical listening...  But, he does kinda pull me farther to the "snake oil" side and the "suggestive hearing" side (aka, you hear an improvement because you want to hear it).

I'm not taking a side here but I thought it was interesting how definitive he was that this not only WILL not make a difference but ALMOST CANNOT make a difference. 
dtximages
Post removed 
How is 10 awg wire not large enough for a 20A circuit? I cannot imagine a situation where using 8 awg wire reduced to 10 awg wire would perceptively "improve" sonics for equipment run through a 20A circuit. I have run two 95lb, 300 wpc, Class A amplifiers through two separate, dedicated 20A circuits fed with 10 awg wire and never had any reason to believe my power was adding distortion or restricting dynamics in any way.

Dedicated 20A circuits using one wire size up (i.e., 10 awg wire) is sort of the gold standard around here. Some believe further improvements can be achieved by powering all the equipment through a single dedicated circuit, or by using large isolation transformers, and of course some believe in pebbles and dust but, IME, if dedicated, properly implemented, 20A lines don’t meet the power needs of consumer audio equipment, the problem is probably with the equipment.
@mitch2 

Please read the link that I provided and you will understand where 10 gauge might not be optimal. You might get away with it, heck! I got away with 14 AWG. And it wasn’t bad, just not optimal. 
10 awg is fine so is 12awg for a 20amp 120v circuit. Yes, I read the article. 
I decided on using 10 awg wire on a 20 amp circuit from a dedicated subpanel rather than 8 awg because it fit into my SR blue outlet.  It feeds all my equipment with a Bryston Bit20 isolation transformer (my amps go into another box and then into the same outlet).  Maybe 8 awg is better but I did not want to deal with it's size.