What your choice speakers with spikes or speakers with a vibration isolation device?

I am in the camp of vibration isolation. I think it makes sense that the less energy transfer into the floor goes into the air. I found these really cool magnetic isolation feet that I’ve never seen before. They are very affordable, the guys are from England. Here’s a link, The company is called solid air audio.https://solidairaudio.com
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xraysmtb1
Miller carbon,

I really fell in love with the Townshend seismic podiums that the reader after me commented on. Those are the ones I really wanted but they’re very very expensive like 3K on speaker. So I had a machinist friend of mine make me a set that work with springs like the Townshend model. They work great the biggest difference I noticed was it seem to have cleaned up the base at large volumes. I understand what you’re saying about the speaker going one way and the box go on the other. For some reason it works just fine. I have a set of Tekton 4-10 subs that way 95 pounds each. I’ve got them standing vertically and at large volumes you don’t see the speaker move at all it just pops out music.
I don’t think it’s gonna be any different when I switch them over to this magnetic foot. I am fascinated that it floats there with just a steel pen to keep the magnets in line. Do you have the thing that was cool was they were only $140 per speaker. They have smaller ones for individual components, do you see a problem with floating a CD player in the air?
Max Townshend covers the issue of Newtonian forces in one of his YouTube videos. Prepare to have your assumptions challenged.
In my experience, the choice between coupling/spike and decoupling/isolation will depend on the type of floor the speakers are sitting on. If the floor is inherently isolated such as concrete slab, tile on concrete, etc., the spikes work well. Similarly, spikes seem to work well on carpeted floors as well. On suspending wood floors, decoupling is a much better choice minimizing the potential vibrations/resonances from the floor coupling with the speakers muddying up the response, particularly at the lower frequencies.