Why is it so good?

Hi All, I just finally getting around to hooking my iMac computer up to my McIntosh amp. I have about 24000 songs on it, most of them in Apple lossless. I know there are better formats. I also know iTunes is not great for playback. However, it sounds incredible. Much better than all my Turntables and CDPs. 
Maybe this is because the tone is adjustable on the playback on computer? Or maybe the DAC on the Mc is really good? Sounds much better than SACDs even.

After having been reborn as a vinyl junkie 10 years ago I am really wondering if I need to rethink things, within the confines of my components and ears. 
Your thoughts are appreciated!
astorey
I certainly can't explain it, especially since you took vinyl out of the equation. Enjoy the music
thanks for thanks for your response! Thanks definitely haven’t taken vinyl out of the equation.  It remains my favorite format. 
Wondering if I need to upgrade my source components for vinyl and CD?

please help me out
As a high speed tape, LP and digital owner and ardent listener, I appreciate the plus / minus Each format brings....

welcome to the modern world !!!! Lot of music not available on analog and the other way round. Check out 2L Recordings for some SOTA digital.

you might detail what you are using for LP and where it is sonically not equaling the digital so that many on this forum can help you get the most out of both sources.

enjoy the music :-)