where to go from here..,,

I stumbled on a steal for Aerial 7T's that I couldn't pass up, and love them. I know they aren't geting the best from the rest of the system...
Oppo BDP103, Odyssey Stratos powering the Aerials, then Yamaha RXA3010 powering PSB center and surrounds (rear and sides).

My serious listening is 2 channel, so my upgrade interests lie in the area of improving that. I do have a sub for movies, but its not in the loop on 2 channel.

From my reading so far, a separate pre- with HT bypass is likely to provide the best improvement in 2 channel SQ(?)

My room is 'live', 19X12X8, tv mounted high between speakers, with the mains about 42" from front baffle to wall behind, and about 28" from side walls. I am learning to use a computer with high rez digital downloads through the Oppo or Yamaha DAC's to feed better source material. No interest or budget for vinyl.

Any thoughts and guidance appreciated....thanks
english210
"11-07-14: English210
I have no illusions about 'if I get the right preamp, all will be perfect' :) I know better than that!!"

I agree. But I would add that its extremely important to get a preamp that works well for you. If you don't, you're in for a very difficult time. A bad or poorly matched preamp will make your system sound awful.

"Cables I'm almost scared of since although I've heard differences with hardware, I havent (yet?) with cables/wires"

Hearing differences in cables will come in time. But once you hear them for the first time, it gets easier as you gain experience. Also, I would recommend that you don't buy any cables until you're sure that you can properly judge them.
Zd542,

I concede that I could have made it clear that I was stating my opinion. I agree that this forum is to exchange information and I wanted to share my experience with the OP since we have the same speakers.
So any other suggestions? I wouldn't believe the Parasound is the only option, especially after the last few posts:)
I'm sure this is probably a stupid question, but do I need to concern myself with impedance specs on a prospective new pre-amp? My power amp has a specification of 22kOhms input impedance....what does that mean, and does it matter
Some tube preamps won't like that, for example ARC. But some tube preamps are fine with that. So you do have to look into it when you look at preamps.