What should I do?

Recently, at a brick and mortar audio dealer, I listened to a high-end moving coil cartridge.  It sounded really good, and I was impressed.  The retail for this cartridge was more then I wanted to spend ($4500), but to make a long story short, the dealer offered me a rare deal, ($2500+tax) brand new, so I bought it.  Got it home, and carefully installed it last night.  I listened to it for about 2.5 hours.  It is really good, but I don't think (at this point), that it's that much better then my old cartridge (at least, not yet).
Ok, so this morning I played around with the loading.  Better, but still I'm not happy.  Now, with only about 5 hours on this new Cartridge, I realize that it's not broken in yet.  I'm looking for input as to your thoughts on how I should proceed.
1.  Are cartridges purchased from high-end dealers returnable (I don't want to create any bad feelings with this dealer, since he gave me such a good price)?
2.  I was told 50 hours of break-in time for this Cartridge.  Should I wait the break-in period to make any decisions?
Any thoughts on how you think I should proceed are appreciated! 

louisl
Nice, don't forget to put your old cartridge back for final comparison to that new one after break-in.

We're always biased by new toys, the trick is to make a fair comparison after all, would be interesting to read. 

I think this happens to a lot of us: we make a big outlay and there aren't immediate results and then the remorse/concern comes. Two things happen (to me, at least): First, things take time to break in when you are at the level of your equipment. Definitely. But also, when you get something new, often it has a different presentation than you are used to and it takes time to adjust to that. Unless it's truly horrible sounding, I try to give everything a couple weeks of regular listening before making a decision. 
@dhcod 
You are absolutely correct!!!  I'm such an 'Immediate gratification' kind of guy, that when I installed the cartridge, brand new, cold, out of the box, I wanted it to blow me away....immediately.  Well, that just didn't happen.  I really need to learn to have a little patience.
The Mutech now has 12 hours of play time, and it is really beginning to sing for me.  I've never experienced such a transformation in a product during the break in process, as I am experiencing now with this Mutech.  

@chakster 
i hate installing cartridges.  A lot of time and patience required.  However, in this case, once I have 50 hours on the new Cartridge, and I feel that it actually is broken in, I will put my old Cartridge back, for, as you say, a final comparison.  Good suggestion, thanks!

You have a very good cartridge! We sold one of these to a client and it was the best we had heard at its retail price.