... sound batting and/or weighting speakers ...

Hello to all... 

Need some thoughts and/or suggestions: I am using a pair of KEF Q1s - luv the sound, so much more full than I ever expected - and the driver has such cone extension that the speaker box really vibrates. Now - I am assuming that the vibration really = the possibility of distortion ( or a smearing at higher volumes, tonal deformity, if that is different) and I am wondering if this is more controllable by:
Adding more sound batting into the enclosure (thru the bass port)
Weighting the speakers with a bag of lead shot (?) over the top of the driver/cabinet box ( the cabinet is not flat on top, so I can't use a brick or solid weight; I'm guessing the weight should be something moldable, so the lead shot in a bag is possible if I can figure a way to affix it to the cabinet...)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternates?
insearchofprat
Oh, I forgot one more solution. Get two subwoofers and take the bass away from those speakers.
I have  monitors and subs I massed load these and truly focuses the details.
i measured the dimensions went to a place that does granite countertops and picked out the granite I got Gee edges and just put a little blutac on top the granite adds a lot of mass and looks great I bought blue pearle from a Norway for $200 for the monitors, and $100 for each sub.
Just one quick point. 
 And not that this is really going to help the OP unfortunately. But it should reinforce the lesson learned.
 "There is just simply "NO", substitution for mass". You may address the effects as much as you will. But after fighting that battle enough times.
 I am sure you will come to this conclusion as well. 
Who needs a box? My speakers have no box. But gird all drivers with thick aircraft aluminium and you have something pretty spectacular. Sound and looks.
check www.kyronaudio.com.au and look up the Gaia. For subwoofers look up the Mercury. Frequency response 0.5Hz to 60Hz (-3db). Music? Spectacular. 😁 🇦🇺
Hello,
I like MilerC’s idea of the bluetac. Many times for computer speakers I have done this or added a cut mouse pad and put it under the speaker to clean up the sound.     You can take a sandwich bag and fill with sand, shot, or copper BB’s and open up the speaker and put the full bag on the Inside bottom of the speaker. You would have to do this through the plate on the back or the driver on the front.     Last you can put a piece of cut foam in the port to make a more sealed enclosure, but I am not a big fan because you are changing the frequency of the speaker and you will lose bass. You can try this by putting a sock in the bass port and see if you like this sound. If you do you can then go get foam and make it look better later.