Storing DSD/PCM files and playing through a DAC

Folks,
Over the past few weeks, I have ripped my 140+ SACDs to .dsf files, using a Sony blu-ray player. I want to know a couple of things that you all prefer/have experience and would recommend:

1. Type of drive (HDD, SSD, NVMe, etc) to store the files for playback via DAC

2. If the player/DAC has a USB 3.0, would you connect the drive directly to the player/DAC, OR use a laptop and connect the laptop out to the DAC's USB input?

Currently I am using a Oppo UDP-205 as my player/DAC. But at some later point, I would like to rip my CDs also as digital files and play the files via a dedicated DAC. What software can I use, to keep the laptop near the DAC and control it via a app on the phone/tablet? Currently using foobar2000 to experience the playback of  .dsf files on the computer. Not yet attempted to connect the laptop to the DAC via USB. Also have got a few DSD albums that I have ripped, transferred to a flash drive and connected the drive to USB3.0 of the Oppo. Any advise?
128x128milpai
A Renderer would interface between the local source Server and the DAC or in place of a computer.
An example would be the Roon Nucleus (Roon Based) instead of a computer.
White Paper here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUj-yFsAHPgTuV1TbcESA4va1_mxv1M_VQPJV___nuQ/edit
The Nucleus is a good example of a dedicated digital transport with no
redundant features.
A Local Server will add flexibility and utility and not be dependent upon the differences between PCs and Macs (Files and Format) as well as being able to physically handle storage drives.
A two bay Server starting at $500 +/- including drives (4-6TB) will be powerful enough and redundant Back Up with Mirrored drives.
All components would be Plug N Play apart from setting up a Server.
A portable HDD would be more compatibility dependent and more vulnerable to damage.
Oppo states Roon Ready for the 203-205 series.
Look here for Oppo info: http://help.nativedsd.com/en/articles/94445-playing-dsd-on-oppo-machines-explained
It seems that a network device is accessible with Roon.
If you would output to a separate DAC then the Oppo is a Digital Transport / Renderer (as a Roon Endpoint). 
My 203 is typically used for BluRay and CD playback  >>> Coax >>> Integrated for Audio.
How do you like the Roon's sound quality?

I like it a great deal.  I'm particularly happy being able to do digital domain equalization with it. :)
@ milpai,

what ever drive type you use, make sure you make a  back up copy of your files on another drive. The first time I did a digital library, it was great until the drive crashed.....without a backup,. you will have to re-rip everything....tons of work.....
Agreed @johnss . My DSD files are currently on one HDD and a laptop. The new HDD/SSD would be exclusively for music.