Shootout of Nos 6sn7 tubes

I will have shootout between TS BGRP, RCA vt231, KR vt231, Syl vt231, Raytheon vt 231 and "Bad boy" next weekend.

If I get MELZ 6N8S 6SN7 Metal Base next week, then I will also include it in shootout

RCA5691, Psavne Acme 300B, Psavne Acme 805 are also being used in Line Magnetic 508 amplifier.

Speaker will be Lansche 4.1 with plasma tweeter.

Digital source will be Dave and HMS fed by ripped CD stored in ssd drive of Cocktail audio x30.

I will play

Eva Cassidy's 'Autumn Leaves"

"Trinity Sessionn " by Cowboy Junkies

For classical orchestra, "Trittico" directed by Fennel.

"Still harry after all these years" will be for fusion jazz.

Any more suggestion gentlemen and ladies.

Thomas
128x128shkong78
Like tuberist I tried a lot of 6sn7 tubes. My favorites were the metal based Sylvania’s stamped USN. I now use 6f8g and BL 63 tubes instead of the 6sn7’s because I like the sound a little better and the old 6f8g tubes from the 40’s are a lot cheaper then the 6sn7 of the same vintage. With easily obtainable adapters they are drop in replacements for the 6sn7. My favorites are the BL 63 tubes but you have to be careful using them as they require a little more current and might cause problems to some gear. As always shkong78 I look forward to reading about your findings. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Red-Brown-Base-Sylvania-6SN7WGT-6SN7-All-3-hole-plates-Strong-Trio/264683854969?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is the best value to performance at 3 tubes at 60$.

Sometimes you can find a bargain at Ebay, but it could be hit or miss.

I am listening to "Vision of Love" by Maria Carey using this pair of tube.

It has extended treble and tight and slightly fuller bass than Syl vt231 while it falls slightly short of clean treble compared with Syl vt231, but not that bad.

I like this tube better than "Bad boy".

I will also include this one in the shooout.
Looking forward to your findings. I've tried TS BGRP, RCA vt231, KR vt231, Syl vt231, and various Sylvanias.

I'd like to hear a real Meltz Metal Base in my system.

How about adding "The Unknown Soldier" from Weather Report's I Sing The Body Electric! I have used this as a test track for decades! The rest of the recording is also outstanding!