Linda Ronstadt

I'm listening to a most interesting  2013 interview on "Fresh Air" with Linda Ronstadt. Highly recommended.
128x128bander
I saw Linda Ronstadt live at the Universal Amphitheater that featured all of her songs in Spanish. I have to say, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  My wife was Hispanic and spoke Spanish perfectly. She was really taken by the authenticity of Linda's accent. About half the audience was made up of Hispanic people. Their enthusiasm for the music was really infectious and really contributed to the enjoyment of the evening. I love the recordings she made with Nelson Riddle. I think they were her best work.

Frank
Die hard metal head in me!

As a youngin, Linda was one of my first crushes,, , 
she is absolutely beautiful, and that voice, she can go from a soft whispery delicate voice, to a wicked, slightly raspy amazing tone which will make a midrange come alive in a,split second!!

an amazing singer!

Still love you Linda!
;)

Im roughly her age, so I grew up listening to her. Although then and now S Florida is/was a musical wasteland, they did play her. Yippee

Back then I had Living in the USA LP, now on CD, also her CD featuring Aaron Neville.

After watching the 2019 honoring event at JFK Center I bought Live in Hollywood, Classic Just One Look (2 CDs) and Mas Canciones, Canciones de mi Padre,