What should I do?

Recently, at a brick and mortar audio dealer, I listened to a high-end moving coil cartridge.  It sounded really good, and I was impressed.  The retail for this cartridge was more then I wanted to spend ($4500), but to make a long story short, the dealer offered me a rare deal, ($2500+tax) brand new, so I bought it.  Got it home, and carefully installed it last night.  I listened to it for about 2.5 hours.  It is really good, but I don't think (at this point), that it's that much better then my old cartridge (at least, not yet).
Ok, so this morning I played around with the loading.  Better, but still I'm not happy.  Now, with only about 5 hours on this new Cartridge, I realize that it's not broken in yet.  I'm looking for input as to your thoughts on how I should proceed.
1.  Are cartridges purchased from high-end dealers returnable (I don't want to create any bad feelings with this dealer, since he gave me such a good price)?
2.  I was told 50 hours of break-in time for this Cartridge.  Should I wait the break-in period to make any decisions?
Any thoughts on how you think I should proceed are appreciated! 

louisl
Take it back to dealer and have them reinstall in the original rig. If it sounds great again, you'll know your system is the problem.
And bring your own old cartridge to the dealer to compare it with new one.

If you're not happy with the sound and can't solve the issue at home what is the reason to pay $2500 for this new toy? 
And don't forget to tip the dealer (offer, at least) as mounting cartridges as a PITA.
If @louisl doesn't respond with the info requested this is a complete waste of time.
All very helpful suggestions here weighing the available options. "If @louis doesn't respond".., we know where he should put it! 👍 HA