Interesting Fed Ex encounter...

So I was offered to do a little review on some Fritz Carreras last month and it was time to send them back.  I’m stuck at home with a broken leg so Fritz was kind enough to have Fed Ex pick them up at my home.  So, I had them all boxed up and ready to go on Tuesday. Fed Ex comes to the door and I have him come in and grab the box (he did not know what was in the box, just a plain u haul box).  I didn’t even think to ask if I had to sign or if I could get a receipt (mistake on my part no doubt).  Just me snapping a pic or taking a video would have been smart.  Fast forward to today (Friday) and apparently Fed Ex says they came on Tuesday, no one was home, so they came back Wednesday; no one home again so they cancelled the pick up.    Interestingly, fed ex did come back Wednesday and Mom answers the door and informs the Fed Ex gentleman that the package was picked up Tuesday.  The gentleman responds “hmmm, I was off Tuesday”.  
So as of today, Fed Ex apparently has no record of anything being picked up.  Well crap, I’m freaking out, Fritz is concerned obviously and I’m at a loss.  So I start texting all my neighbors to see if anyone has something on camera and sure enough, my neighbor 2 doors down has time stamped video of fed ex pulling up, coming to my door and then struggling to carry the large, 65 pound box back to his truck...  

My neighbor forwarded me the video which I forwarded to Fritz...

My advice is to not let this happen to you and mg question is where do I go from here?

What a mess!
128x128b_limo
Nearly the exact same thing happened to me two weeks ago with UPS.
 I was returning a new laptop. I was a bit freaked out as well. Even calling the local UPS office where they contacted the driver. And then the manager called me back after discussing it with him. I was told that he said , "No package was there to be picked up". My camera's showed otherwise. So I started down that path.....
Long story short. Friday I received an email stating that the company I had ordered the laptop from had received it. And my refund had just been been issued!
 Something similar happened a few years ago with Fedex as well. But the part missing was very cheap so I just didn't worry about it. Again, 
I received confirmation that the customer had indeed received it and wanted another!
 It does happen!
  Oh, And the tracking on the Laptop? The # simply wasn't any good I was told. It wasn't long enough. And I received that tracking number, "From" UPS when I created the label on my PC! It was missing the number/letter prefix set that it always had, "A prefix which was always the same also", for every label from them that either was a pick up from, OR, a delivery to my address!
 Fedex numbers are the same as well. "Always the same prefix for a customer". But it won't help to check tracking if you have the same problem as I had!
They said it wasn't a mistake on their part as far as they could see. But UPS said in their system. At the time when I initially called both the local office and then corporate the next day?
 I was told by both parties that "You have no parcels en-route in the system, anywhere, at this time! And I knew that this was wrong. I get deliveries every day!  And ship a few times a week! Not large numbers but consistent! 
 Please let us know if maybe this was your type of "SNAFU", as well?
 Hopefully it was. Also, all ship times have been increased with this virus in play! So it will take longer to find out!
for the last 10-15 years i have shipped FedEx almost daily  with and without receipt and no shipment was   ever lost .
I would suspect the driver may have taken your package. He obviously did not scan it when he picked it up. Said you were not home....
I had this situation with UPS last December; Our pick up and delivery man came while I was at the shop. He scanned three packages with his hand held gadget. I helped him by carrying out the $1200.00 preamp. Off he went. We use the old "book" system. This is a book given to us by UPS where we fill out a page with the appropriate information. I emailed the tracking number to the buyer of the preamp. The next day he emailed be saying that the tracking number was not good. It turned out that SOMEONE in the UPS chain failed to scan the package! According to UPS customer service "IF it's in their system, it will scan at a hub and show up in the system at that point". They were correct. HOWEVER none of the information I entered like VALUE or SIGNATURE REQUIRED were in the system. IF it was damaged, I would receive $100.00 default value.
I received notice online that the package was dropped off at the buyers apartment door! I started emailing the buyer for confirmation that he received it. Two hours later the buyer replied that he had it and it was not damaged. I breathed a sigh of relief. WITH FED EX YOU MAY NOT FAIR AS WELL. They are the most miserable people to deal with over the phone. Keep us posted. Joe 
@wbwatts I don’t want to think bad for that driver but make sure he said you were not home was coming from him not from the customer services representative , fritz need to bring the evident from video to fedex center in case they reject the tracking number and hopefully they will have other ways to locate the package  
@b_limo that was my package that I’m expected them coming , I was on the search for a used pair of fritz Carrera be since late 2018 and haven’t find a single of them for sale so out of my patience I was post a want ad in usaudiomart and some of fritz customer come across my want ad Inform fritz and fritz was contact me for this pair that was got loss track in fedex , I’m feel sorry for your situation right now hope fedex will find and deliver my package, meantime I will Pray and hope for the best of all !