Suggestions for $2k budget

Greetings, and I hope you are all well.
Looking for speaker advice on a $2k budget. Used or new, tower or bookshelf, doesn't matter. I'm about a year into my audiophile journey and am about to buy a house with a small to medium sized space I'll be using as a listening room. I listen to mostly rock/electronic 
I respect your opinions very much, would be very grateful for any tips!
Thank you,
Bryce
bryce_3
You might be able to find a pair of used Revel Performa3 F206 towers below $2k if you are patient. Super detailed speakers. I'm extremely happy with my F208's and listen to similar music as you.
I have extensive experience with Maggies, Klipsch, Focal, and many others form my lifetime in the industry.  Really great speakers today cost more than your budget will buy, especially if your musical taste calls for Electronica and Rock, which are bass dependant and often compressed, which puts more stress on the speaker.  Your electronics are adequate for now, IMO. The new Chora 826 is in your sweet spot, and you might be happy with Revel F36s.  They both sell for around $2K retail and have plenty of low end.  

My last thought is if you want something well suited to your music and better quality than what's generally available, do you have any builder skills?  If so, Parts Express Solstice kits should be on your radar.
I see 2 listings on The Music Room website (TMRAudio.com) that is in your budget:

1) VANDERSTEEN 2CE Signature II @ $1799 *
2) TRIANGLE Esprit Gaia EZ @ $2200

I also see 2 listings on AUDIOGON that is in your budget:

1) PSB Platinum T - 8 @ 1800 *
2) REVEL Performa F 206 @ $2200 *

The "asterisk" denotes speakers that made the 2019 Absolute Sound "buyers guide."

The only above noted speaker that I've heard is the Revel. I demoed it side by side against the Focal Kanta # 2, which costs 3x times more and the Revel more than held its own. Needless to say, I was impressed. The last sentence in the Absolute Sound review is as follows: 

"A remarkable loudspeaker that exceeds all expectations of performance in its price class and well beyond."

I'm very curious about the Triangle speakers; but, there are only dealers (NYC & Cali <LA?>); so, will likely have to demo them at an audio show. 
Not only will you not be disappointed, you will love them!

Tannoy XT8F.

I had them on Class A tube, Class D and vintage A/B amplifiers with both analog and digital sources. They sounded great on all of them. In my humble opinion, you’d have to spend 8-10k on a set of speakers to top these. Best for rooms sized under 15x20.