Interesting Fed Ex encounter...

So I was offered to do a little review on some Fritz Carreras last month and it was time to send them back.  I’m stuck at home with a broken leg so Fritz was kind enough to have Fed Ex pick them up at my home.  So, I had them all boxed up and ready to go on Tuesday. Fed Ex comes to the door and I have him come in and grab the box (he did not know what was in the box, just a plain u haul box).  I didn’t even think to ask if I had to sign or if I could get a receipt (mistake on my part no doubt).  Just me snapping a pic or taking a video would have been smart.  Fast forward to today (Friday) and apparently Fed Ex says they came on Tuesday, no one was home, so they came back Wednesday; no one home again so they cancelled the pick up.    Interestingly, fed ex did come back Wednesday and Mom answers the door and informs the Fed Ex gentleman that the package was picked up Tuesday.  The gentleman responds “hmmm, I was off Tuesday”.  
So as of today, Fed Ex apparently has no record of anything being picked up.  Well crap, I’m freaking out, Fritz is concerned obviously and I’m at a loss.  So I start texting all my neighbors to see if anyone has something on camera and sure enough, my neighbor 2 doors down has time stamped video of fed ex pulling up, coming to my door and then struggling to carry the large, 65 pound box back to his truck...  

My neighbor forwarded me the video which I forwarded to Fritz...

My advice is to not let this happen to you and mg question is where do I go from here?

What a mess!
128x128b_limo
Send it to FedEx they might be able to get a truck number  or some identifying  mark off the video.
That's awful. I hope you resolve it.

These days, no one wants to assume any responsibility, or own up to mistakes.

You need to have a video recording/signed copy of the transaction and 5 witnesses  to cover yourself, because the other guy just shrugs their shoulders!

I never got a tracking number... Fritz handled all of the shipping stuff.  I only had the speakers for review and when it was over, Fritz handled all of the shipping / pick up on his end.

The video unfortunately did not pick up any truck number or anything since it is a lower quality surveillance video from a neighbors house 2 doors away...  I have a video that does show the Fed Ex truck pulling up and it show the driver getting out, climbing to my door and then struggling to carry a large, heavy box into his truck.  
@roberjerman, no doubt on the receipt...  I have been on my back for 11 days due to broken leg and I’m on heavy painkillers so I was not thinking straight.  When the package was initially delivered to my house from fed ex, I asked if I needed to sign anything showing that I received the package and they said “no”.  I’ve never received or shipped a package where I didn’t have to sign so that threw me off as well 😕

What I want to know from Fed ex is who the driver was that showed up on Tuesday and said I wasn’t home.  I guess it might be nice also to know who the driver was that showed up on Wednesday, that Mom talked to and informed that the package was picked up on tuesday; that driver stated that no one was home... the driver from tuesday was a different person from the driver thag showed up wednesday...
“You need to have a video recording/signed copy of the transaction and 5 witnesses to cover yourself, because the other guy just shrugs their shoulders!”

so true

The video showing a man in a FedEx uniform get out of a FedEx truck going in your house and carrying the box to the truck should be enough.  Call FedEx find where to email the video. They have tracking in those trucks they should be able to figure it out. At least UPS has tracking I assume FedEx does too.