FIDELITY RESEARCH STEP-UP TRANSFORMERS

Dear All
Like many before me I am moving down the multi tonearm route. Amongst the arms and cartridges I have are a Fidelity Research FR 64S and denon DL103. I was thinking about trying out one of the Fidelity research step-up transformers - preferably an FRT 4, or FRT 5 - I hope to get an FR7 cartridge at some point.

I was wondering if someone could:
1. shed light on the hierarchy of the transformers ie was the 4 or 5 the better model
2. would they work well plugged into any MM phono stage
3. what is the general hierarchy of the step-ups
4. Do they work well with modern cartridges - ie my shelter 501, transfiguration temper v, Benz LPS

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me

thanks

lohanimal
Dear @lohanimal  : The stand alone Luxman unit came from the integrated phonolinepreamp Luxman C 5000A design.

I owned that unit and I know that those transformers ar not really top devices. Are small transformers with a limited frequency response band.

You can't go wrong with Audio Technica, Entré or Denon and its characteristics are rigth on what you are looking for and with very high quality level performances not like Luxman or even FR.

Btw, I still own the 103 because any one in analog has to owns it but it's not up to the today task standards of quality. Of course that for its price you can't ask for more.
Remember that that cartridge was designed in exclsive for radio stations and not for audiophiles. Yes, its cartridge motor function very well and that's why several last years buyers took it and with some modifications they sale to us as the 8th " world´s wonder " for big big dollars when they invested only a few coins on it: big bu$$ine$$ coming from  ignorant buyers

R.. 
Whilst a bit 'off-topic' everyone has a DL103 - they can provide a benchmark.
Does everyone have a Koetsu Redwood? A Shelter? a Lyra Titan? Let alone a Shun Mook..how does a person compare and track changes in a system? With a benchmark. 
I'm desperate to find what really floats my boat once and for all and want to try the Denon in a few arm/cart combos and plinths - why? it's a hobby - it's fun - it's popcorn for my mind and allows me also to banter with guys/gals like you...

Denon 103 with conical tip in 2020 - are you serious ? 
You like rolled-off sound ? 

Frequency response of the silver SUT from Luxman is within 15hz - 100kHz is very good for vinyl. Distortion ration 0.003 %, step up ratio is from 1:10 to 1:32. Multiple Electromagnetic shield. Excellent core material of Toroidal type. 

For example Denon AU-340 has 0.05 % distortion ratio, this is much higher distortion.   

Denon DL103 is the worst possible benchmark, more like a 'lowest common denominator'. 

Has weight of transformers something to do with their quality?
I see that some refer to +10 kg. for Technics but Kondo-san
(Audio note ,Japan) weight about 500 g. i  own Kiseki MCT-2
made by Kondo san for his friend Van den Dungen and identical
with his own weighting only 500 g. I also own Denon AU-S1
(weight 3 kg. ) costing $ 3000 new and about $1000 second hand.
The price of Audio Note transformers would be very curious if the
thesis about weight-versus -quality relationship would be correct.