Aurender N100H Mods

The fact that Aurender runs Linux makes changing the system difficult but I have managed the following. 

Convert a 220v unit to 110v for US service and back the other way is relatively easy. A few wiring changes. 

Upgrade boot and SSD music cache from 120GB mSATA to faster and larger 256GB mSATA is possible but not for the novice. 

Upgrading 2TB HD to 4TB now. 2TB units have their 2nd drive pins omitted so to go larger you can’t add a second drive. Need to replace the smaller drive with a larger one.  Needs to be formatted or cloned to conform to Linux. 
fm540i

I don't want to scare you, but you should know that the Seagate 4TB drives have a very high failure rate (upwards of 20-30% failure rate):

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q3-2017/

Even the DM000 model has a failure rate of 2-3.5%, which is still very high.  Interestingly enough, the HGST hard drives are very reliable.

This has been a known problem in the industry when the hard drive manufacturers started pushing out hard drives in excess of 1TB (such as 2TB, 4TB, etc.).  The 1TB has been the largest drive that still retained the reliability of the older drives.  Obviously, this was not a well published fact as vendors are still pushing larger drives and consumers just want bigger and bigger as time goes along.

If you study this chart, make sure to look at the "drive count" column.  Even though Toshiba may appear to have a 0% failure rate, 45 drives is not a good enough sampling for this.

Thanks, I kept my original drive just in case plus maintain a running backup of the data in case I need to change out the drive. 
May I know how did you replace with the SSD? I have a W20 and would like to replace the OEM 240g with a 250g 860 EVO. Can it be just done by a clone dock?
I used a Linux based program to clone the partitions and content.  I believe it was a program called GParted but there are several. I think Clonezilla May also work.  The key is Aurender is running a Linux based system so you need to use a Linux program to clone or a Windows based program but it needs to be able to clone a Linux system/partition.  Mine had three partitions. 
What’s great is it’s easy to test.  If your clone boots up it’s good to go. Sometimes you need to play with cloning parameters.