Can we talk streamers based on UI rather then SQ?

I'm a Node 2i user currently and looking for a change.
I've been reading lots of posts for the last week or so and I'm not sure if I'm more or less confused then
when I started. Lol
Looking to move on from the Node platform because the UI is bothering me.

Most of the topic of discussions based around the multitude of streamers seems to be on SQ.
I could be off base, but I think in my mid-fi system, (Wired 4 Sound STI-500V2 >dac to be determined>Dali Helicon 800) I'll be happy with the SQ of most any streamer. I'm much more concerned with the UI as I really just want it to work as intended.

I've got about $2K to spend on a dac and or dac/streamer. 
I see a ton of praise for the Lumin gear but I also see that it seems to be built around the IOS platform and I use Android / PC. Has this issue been resolved or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? 

I also like the idea of the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra, just have no idea what the UI is like.
Or any small form streamer that "just works"
I like the idea of being able to DAC swap with these.  

What I want out of it:
 Streaming mainly. Tidal, Spotify and the like. 
 Ethernet Connection to my router and no issues linking to my local music files. (Node keeps dropping my local files)

I like the look of my Jriver index but I'm not married to it.
Don't care about Roon at this point.

I don't need a NAS do I? I have less then 1TB of music. 

What will help me make this decision? 

Thank you

128x128flavo
flavo,
I’ve been using BluOS since 2014, use the Melco HD app, as well as being a Roon user. What you are experiencing if I could hazard a guess sounds more like a network issue. Where do your local files reside? Has your network path been corrupted?  Simplest fix might be just to plug in an external USB device containing your music files directly into the Node 2i.
jazzman7
You’re running the Melco app over or instead of the BlueOS app?

I think I’m not understanding your question of where my local files reside?
They are one of 2 SSD inside of my PC case. The SSD they are on is mainly for storing of my media files.

In reading Nodes literature, they don’t recommend using the USB port for anything but temporary music files. IE, don’t leave it plugged in and expect good results.
Why, I have no idea.
It couldn’t hurt too bad to try.

For what it's worth. I've just "reindexed" my library in the Nodes settings again and I have my local library back.
This has not worked the last 3 times I tried it.  
flavo,
I use the Melco HD app only with my Melco N1A music server which also functions as my systems NAS. Roon I use with my Roon Nucleus as well as my Bluesound kit. I also use BluOS with my Bluesound players. I’m still guessing that you are experiencing a network issue. Plugging in a USB storage device (flash drive or external hard drive, etc ...) directly to the Node just bypasses any network issues or corrupted path issues that you may be experiencing.

If you’re not happy with BlueOS you most likely not going to like the other player specific apps. Your best bet is to find something that can operate as a Roon endpoint.
flavo,
I still don't think switching to a different streamer or brand of streamer is going to solve the problem of your streamer "dropping your files".  I just checked my Node 2i User Manual which I have saved as a PDF on my PC.   I did a find on all references to USB.  Didn't see any mention of reasons not to go this route.  All I found was "USB (TYPE A): Connect a USB mass storage device to the USB input. Typical USB mass storage devices compatible with the NODE 2i include portable flash memory devices and external hard drives (FAT32 formatted)."  This would definitely bypass any networking issues.  I also think that you would most likely have less issues if you used a NAS drive such as a WD MyCloud or some such connected by ethernet cable to your router.  Your problems with connectivity in my opinion has less to do with your Bluesound kit than with the files you are accessing being stored on your computer.  These are less expensive solutions than buying new streaming kit, where my guess is your connectivity issues would remain so long as your music files being accessed were stored on your computer.