To horn or not to horn

I have never owned a horn speaker. I’m curious if there are any who are first time horn speaker owners after having owned other types of speakers for many years, and are you glad you switched?
needlebrush
I sold my first pair of Heresy's quickly when I had a chance to buy a pair of Altec Madrid 872's (15" bi-flex woofers). 
... don't mention bass distortion thermal compression and distortion at higher SPL to non-horn owners they just don't seem to hear it or do they?

@johnk --

It would require of them to know, and having lived with the difference. Once heard how relaxed and effortless bass reproduction can sound like, even at full click, what's not just sounds forced, malnourished and less enveloping. Although, periodically matters are sought inverted with the claim that horn dynamics are "exaggerated." I guess comfort doesn't welcome the occasional being startled..
I have not responded to this thread, but a brief comment ( I hope it brief, for everyone ). I grew up around, and involved, with live, unamplified music. I was also introduced, and owned, Klipsch Heritage speakers, well over 50 years ago. With so many different brands and models of speakers, being owned, auditioned, and set up by me ( I was in the audio business ), I feel, horns in general, imo and ime, captures the most true, and honest representation, of that, of what I grew up to. Perfection in speakers, or any piece of audio gear, will never exist, as this, in part, is due to the inherent limitations of the recordings we listen to ( why so many listeners I know, only listen to the better recording labels out there, as we all know who these labels are ). Whatever problems horns have ( shell resonance and vibration ) can easily be tamed, if not, completed be eliminated, and with proper set up, and listener distance, they can be the closest, to what one hears, live. I say, " can " be closest. My buddy, playing guitar, and us singing, with a mic and guitar mixer, sounds wonderful through our Lascalas ( we both own them ). Most dynamic speakers, and panels ( those I have heard ), cannot handle this playback, as this becomes torturous, and the sound simply compresses, distorts, breaks up, etc. I know this might be extreme, but in the end, it all becomes subjective, and personal. ymmv. I hope everyone well, during this time of the pandemic. Always, MrD.
Hopefully nobody quits if things stay civil...

while my modified Cornwall’s are gone to a buddy in the mountains, I have a bit of experience with horns and can appreciate what they get right , but I also own Vandersteen, Thiel, Apogee and Quads and find their virtues compelling and equally imperfect in other ways... unamplified acoustic instruments in reverberant space on digital and high speed tape are my Reference- enjoy the music and the journey:-)