Ikea Eket shelves with a large vinyl collection?

Hi All, 

Has anyone had success storing a large vinyl collection (2000+) in the Ikea Eket shelves? I'm worried about the weight restrictions per shelf. My current shelves hold about 40 lbs. per shelf, but the Eket is rated only 15 lbs per shelf. Any experience with this? 
lspice
I have the black 25 cube unit and it's rock solid. I made modifications to the wall brackets and attached it to the wall with lag bolts into the studs. If I didn't need all the cubes for records, I could jazz up some cubes with art objects, for example, and the unit would become quite attractive IMO. Very happy with the outcome.

Kenny
Does anyone have doors on their Ikea Eket shelves?

Trying to figure out if having the doors on impacts your ability to use them for storing vinyl i.e. do you lose any space on the shelves? 

Don't want to have to go to IKEA to figure it out :-)

Thanks in advance
@awilson0601, you don’t want to get the doors for the EKET cube. For one thing, they won’t close all the way---LP’s come to within 1/2" of the front edge of the shelves. Plus, the hinges stick out into the cube, and block access behind them. LP’s can’t be stacked against the inside of either side wall.
@kennythekey
I too own the Kallax units for my LPs/gear display. I added some ripped 2x4s across the back of the Kallax units and secured them with threaded wood screws. This did the trick of helping to solidify the units and prevent the LP from sliding too far back. At the time I bought the Kallax, the Eket line  was not in production, otehrwise I would have considered it as a storage option.