@lowrider57, hmm, I took the line "So unbelievably clueless" to be referring not to Fremer, but to the writer of the NYT article. I could be the mistaken one.
@edcyn  Now you're talkin'!

I did not realize that was a NYT comment.  Whatever.  Some have too much time on their hands, I guess, or are frustrated journalism professors or something.

Vinyl is cool, but then I sold the Mayorga albums in the mind-1970's at my shop, so I kind of like it.  Also, I have a row 6' long as I am old and was "stuck" with using vinyl most of my life.  Poor me!

Cheers, and stay well!
@bdp24  Yes, it got me as well. 

As a former dealer, the more you spent on ANY item was a great thing to me!  You want $100K speakers?  Yes, sir or ma'am, we can do that!!

Given that I could lock the door at the end of the day and spend as much time as I wanted listening to everything in the shop, I was VERY lucky and came to enjoy the products I LIKED.  It was never my job to force someone to like what I did, but I tried to guide people based on their budget, room, etc. the best I could.

We carried MANY lines--evidently people have different tastes and likes and so forth, so instead of one maker of all audio stuff, there are many.  Imagine that! 

Cheers!