Unusual(?) spade connection

Hi everyone,

I have seen some speaker cable spade connections on the amp side where one prong of the spade is inserted into the post hole rather than how it should be placed, where you would insert bare wire.  

The old MIT2 biwire cable I have has spades that are too narrow for the posts on my Hegel and Ampzilla monoblocks. I have never had biwire fitted speakers until obtaining a pair of B&W Matrix 801 S2s and would like to "get the whole experience".

I can fit one prong of the MIT2 cable in each of the amp post holes. But I didn't tighten the post cap(?) in fear of bending or breaking anything.

It just seemed rather strange but if there are no reasons against doing this, I could save a lot of time and expense by not needing to purchase cables (or modify the MIT2s).

Is this a bad idea?

Thanks and stay safe everyone!
hleeid
@elliottbnewcombjr & @tvad -- Thanks for the resources!

I have never replaced spades or banana plugs. When cutting off the spades, is it crucial measure where to cut?  
Just concerned about cable lengths being the same.

Post removed 
@ millercarbon - Good to know the spade thing will work.
Why is bi-wire a bad idea?

Not so much bad as poor use of funds. If you have bi-wire use it. Where it becomes a bad idea is going bi-wire. For any given amount of money you can always get better results buying a normal cable than bi-wire. So use it if you have it but don't buy it thinking its better. Its not.

@tvad - Thanks for the info! I feel better about doing this now.

@millercarbon - Ok. That does make sense!  Once again, thanks for your input!  I'll try with the MIT2s for a while, experiment with cable elevators, speaker placement etc. 

@lowrider57  - You mentioned:  You may find doubling the biwire cable to one speaker binding post will provide the best sound.

Interesting. I guess I should plan on spades vs banana plugs.
Thanks for pointing this out! 
I will try doubling as you suggested.