Another streaming newbie

Guys, I have tried to search and figure this out, because I know this topic has been well-covered. But I am still wandering in the dark, so plz forgive my redundant questions....

First, here's my current rig,: I built a Lenco table 15 yrs ago with a JMW 10 arm/London Super Gold that I run into a phono pre that I built from a pretty high end kit  (can't see the name, have no idea what it is now!) thru a VTL tube IT-85 integrated amp and then thru some SF Electa Amator II, supported by a sub I built.  So pretty mid-fi setup, but it really works for me.  Sounds great, to my ears.  

The Covid thing has me home (no golf in Los Angeles!), listening to music more. Would love to stream something that approaches the vinyl sound quality with a music service, but being retired, budget is more a concern now... I just subscribed to TIDAL with its premium level (MQA) that I was running straight from my iphone 6 to the VTL. Meh.  Then my daughter ran same stuff through her iphone 11 and, hey, that sounded better.  So, clearly, I am in need of a streaming DAC.  

I know MQA gets mixed reviews. I have no way really to test this or to go listen to stuff. Everything is shut down here. So here's the criteria that matters most to me:
  • A great UI app because now streaming is like going to the Smithsonian.  There's a lot to organize. 
  • Great sound. (whatever that means!) 
  • One box.  Cables get expensive & messy.  
  • I'd like to keep it under $2K. I'd really like to keep it under $1K, but that may be wishful thinking.  I mean, is Bluesound Node 2 up to it? I am sure it would beat my daughters iphone 11, but ... what are reasonable streamers/DACS?  Where's the killer solution that isn't $10K?  I know it's out there....
I am not so far into TIDAL that I can't change. My system is in the same room as my router, so I can run an ethernet cable to the DAC.  As I have looked at all of this, it has occurred to me to get an older, much higher quality used DAC that I can somehow mesh with TIDAL (or another service with high quality streaming) and forget the MQA.  But this has to somehow hook into my internet directly and be able to be run by a remote UI.  So now my head is spinning.

Thanks for your input.  Chuck
chuckccs
If only spotify would offer a high rez service, their UI and AI for selecting music for you, are the best in the business.
Concerning Tidal, Qobuz, MQA, Bluesound and using Bluesound gear with external DACs.

Some history:
Been both a Tidal subscriber and Bluesound user since 2014.
Have been a Qobuz subscriber since November.
Have 4 pieces of Bluesound kit in the house, including both the original Node N100 and the Node 2i.  With respect to external DACs, started with a Bryston BDA-1 hooked up to an N100 via Toslink, then the BDA-1 moved to a second system where I already had another N100 when I picked up a Chord Qutest.  Then a Node 2i replaced the N100 in my main rig, and the N100 moved to my office.  Node 2i in main rig has been connected to Qutest by both Toslink and RCA terminated coax digital cables.  The Qutest Coax inputs are BNC, so use an Audioquest adaptor BNC to RCA adaptor which goes for something like $10. I have nothing against Tidal, and nothing against MQA, but all things being equal if I had to choose, I'd take Qobuz over Tidal overall in terms of SQ.

With respect to Bluesound devices and MQA.  Via its analog outputs Bluesound devices will do full unfold of MQA.   Via its digital outputs Bluesound devices will do the first bit of unfolding, which gets you all the way to 96K when used with a non MQA external DAC.  And I'd argue that most of the goodness is contained in that first 96K, there just isn't much material to be had above the 96K figure anyway.  If I listen to the same MQA material via Bluesound device analog outputs to that of its digital outputs hooked up to quality non MQA DAC like Bryston BDA-1 or Chord Qutest, its no contest.  Outboard DACs like these easily outperform the Bluesound internal DAC, even though via its analog outputs the Bluesound kit do the MQA full monty.   
Having said that, I still prefer Qobuz, not just for Hi res, but for Redbook as well.  And that is important, because the overwhelming amount of material out there is at Redbook (i.e. CD quality) level. 

Oh, and not knocking the sound quality of Bluesound kit via there analog outputs.  It's still good value for the money.  But when hooked up to a good external DAC, it just takes things to a whole other level.

With respect to usability. I think the Bluesound kit is the best thing going for the money.  Blu OS app is available on IOS, Android, PC, and MAC.
About the only thing that will truly beat it in my opinion is Roon, and that is a much more expensive proposition.  But then again if you do go Roon (and btw I do), all of the Bluesound gear are Roon compatible and can function as Roon endpoints.  And just keep in mind that Roon interface support is currently limited to Tidal, Qobuz and internet Radio; Blu OS supports far more streaming services. 

Chuck,
I don't think anyone wanted to disrespect your system.  What I meant was that it just seemed to me that you were probably not constantly chasing the latest and greatest.
Chuck, I own a bunch of Bluesound equipment and like it a lot. But if your budget is really in the $2K area, a Lumin D1 or D2 is a serious step up and should check all your boxes. I see a D1 on A'gon WITH the SBooster powersupply upgrade for under $1,500. That might be a really good fit for you. I heard a Node 2 and a Lumin D1 (without the SBooster) side-by-side. I found the Bluesound surprisingly competitive on MQA files but the Lumin D1 was far better on everything else with its upsampling engaged.
@tomcy6, you're right, I have been content quite a while.  Except now, alas, I can tell, I'm getting the bug. I know what it's like to chase better.  Maybe this time, I won't chase as hard! Hope not....but you get in front of a quality system, the drool starts flowing. Maybe it's good for me all the showrooms are closed.  

@sunnyd I have a spreadsheet going, trying to sort through the options. I somehow missed the D1... will def check it out.