"Cutting" grooves. You got to love the way the Times is so cluelessly triggered they put scare quotes around cutting. I did get a kick out of the writer being impressed with "mined silver for extra purity." Not your regular old copper or silver that I guess the Times thinks grows on trees. But did you know, Michael Fremer, his speakers cost more than $100,000! So clueless. So unbelievably clueless.

But hey, tart it up with enough flowery phrases and photography, just the kind of pabulum Times readers go for.
What in the world are you talking about?  Take a walk around the block or something.  You have been inside too long, I fear.

It is an article about quality vinyl.  Period.  If you don't like vinyl, go somewhere else.  Some of us do.

Good grief!

Any excuse for some people to talk down the NYT. And Fremer is clueless? I don't think so.
He's the first to admit his speakers are uber expensive, but he has the means and music is his livelihood and passion.

@lowrider57, hmm, I took the line "So unbelievably clueless" to be referring not to Fremer, but to the writer of the NYT article. I could be the mistaken one.