Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 vs 3400

Greetings,

To those with experience, could you give me some advice as to the pluses and minuses of each unit. I know the 3400 is a complete unit with more power, but is the sound quality of the 3400 worth its price of admission as compared to the 2170?

Thanks!
128x128jeffreyw
I know you said it was not an a/b comparison with the 2 units but was it on the same speakers in the same room at different times? What speakers are you using? Thanks
I have the 2170 in my second system.  It was an ideal solution for me, because the second system is in a room with terrible acoustics.  The 2170 displaced a pair of highly regarded Coincident Frankenstein 300B amps.   The 2170 performs better in that room because of the Room Perfect correction.   Don't get me wrong.  the 2170 is not better than the Frankenstein in absolute terms, but in a room with problematic acoustics where room treatments are not an option, it can be a very nice piece.  Doesn't sound like a tube amp, doesn't sound like SS, and certainly doesn't sound like what I would have expected for a class D amp.   As for how it compares with the 3400, I have no direct experience.  But I have heard from others the 2170 is preferred based on sound quality.
Yes, same room, same speakers. My speakers are Devore Orangutans O/96 (not the best match for a class D amp, this speaker likes tubes).

I cannot honestly say 2170 was better. My 3400 was disappointing for the more than the 6-8 months until it fully burnt it, it takes a long long time. The 2170 was a demo unit of a dealer so must have been fully burnt in.

Perhaps if I try the 2170 now, the SQ might be similar.

This amp takes a long long long time to burn in, so take negative reports of new users with a pinch of salt.