Unusual(?) spade connection

Hi everyone,

I have seen some speaker cable spade connections on the amp side where one prong of the spade is inserted into the post hole rather than how it should be placed, where you would insert bare wire.  

The old MIT2 biwire cable I have has spades that are too narrow for the posts on my Hegel and Ampzilla monoblocks. I have never had biwire fitted speakers until obtaining a pair of B&W Matrix 801 S2s and would like to "get the whole experience".

I can fit one prong of the MIT2 cable in each of the amp post holes. But I didn't tighten the post cap(?) in fear of bending or breaking anything.

It just seemed rather strange but if there are no reasons against doing this, I could save a lot of time and expense by not needing to purchase cables (or modify the MIT2s).

Is this a bad idea?

Thanks and stay safe everyone!
hleeid
Yeah, bi-wire is a bad idea. But the spade thing will work just fine.
@ millercarbon - Good to know the spade thing will work.
Why is bi-wire a bad idea?

btw. Thanks for sharing the Geddes Youtube link!
Watched it a few times.  I have experimented with sub placements as described in the video.

First thing I noticed was increased overall sound quality by just inching two subs away from their respective corners.

Second thing was staggering the heights of my ceiling facing subs seemed to even things out.  Had to decrease the gain.

The concept of room nodes is becoming more clear to me now.

I have a few ceiling mount rigs which would allow me to try facing the subs straight down towards the floor.

Will post results if I get around to doing this.

I had an amp where I positioned one prong through the hole on the post. No worries, just don’t overtighten.

Since you have the biwire, might as well hook them up and have a listen. Often I can’t hear a difference between a biwire setup and a single-run plus wire jumper.
You may find doubling the biwire cable to one speaker binding post will provide the best sound. 

Biamp is where there’s the most audible difference.