Replace panel or add subpanel?

Gentlefolks,I am in discussions with a builder for finishing the basement, including a dedicated listening room. For the most part, he seems to get audiophile requirements (e.g, running a dedicated line). He proposes installing a subpanel and running everything for the room off that. But if there are problems with the old panel, won’t I create a problem of garbage-in-garbage-out? Wouldn’t I be better off replacing the old panel with a new panel? Much thanks, 
pingvin 

pingvin
The LOL I take it refers to the derision and disregard for spending thousands unnecessarily on something that can’t possibly improve the sound. Like a new panel. When for a fraction of the cost of a new panel you could have the old one so much better it will be like a $10k system upgrade.

This is why I sound like a broken record. As long as people who haven’t the slightest clue keep posting their misleading nonsense its kind of incumbent on someone to set the record straight. So there you go.
No. The lol was at gdnrbob’s comment.
I got the impression the old panel has issues. OP is already doing home improvement. A new one would be a decent investment in the home. Was my point. Separate issue. Nothing to do with sound. The rest was about sound quality and was what I did and it sounds great. And I have replaced panels too. Professionally, back in the day. It's not brain surgery. 
You start off saying the electrician wants to use a subpanel then at the bottom of the post you all the sudden mention IF there is a problem with the main. Did the electrician tell you there is a problem with your main panel? I can’t imagine a licensed electrician reccomend a subpanel if you have problems with the main panel. Follow his recommendation.