USB cable: One Continuous length for Best SQ?

Relative digital newbie here.....In audiophile, digital music applications, does it matter if one splits up a long run of USB 2 connection between computer and DAC into separate attic/wall space lengths and shorter lengths which would connect to wall USB outlets?  Ideally, I’d like to connect my Mac (in a bedroom) to a DAC (connected to the living room audio system....looking at possibly a Schiit Bifrost 2 or similar price range).  I’m assuming this would require the use of step up devices along the path as I’m allowing for between 50-60’ cable between computer and DAC?  Would this impact sound quality?   Currently using my Mac > aging Airport Express in conjunction w/iTunes and the “Remote” app & no external DAC....Not interested in going with a different wireless streamer setup at this point.  Thanks!
lg1
There are powered USB cables available for longer lengths.
Though I would consider using ethernet and an ethernet to USB converter.
B
I was told that the limit on USB 2.0 before noticeable degradation was 16 ft 5 inches or 5 meters. Following to see if I was incorrectly informed.
Schiit trouble shooting suggests: "Try a different USB cable, 2m or less in length, USB 2.0-rated, non-audiophile type. Seriously."...

2m ~= 6ft...

Seriously, keep all electrical connections as short as possible if not shorter...
The one I linked above has a repeater signal booster. No idea how well it would work. Worth a try for $20
@djones51,
I would be interested in hearing how it works for you.
I am in need of running a signal from my main rig to my office-about 50 feet of wire. So, the options are USB w/booster, Optical, or SPDIF, or Ethernet.
I was thinking of using the USB+repeater/booster, but am thinking that running ethernet for the long run and then converting to USB near the second system might be a better solution.
Bob