More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
Well unless someone here is interested in a professionally designed sound system, complete with 3D modelling of the acoustic field based on architectural drawings, industry measured material properties, and sufficient speaker models or they are trying to design tolerable audio into the latest miniscule consumer gadget and need to design and model the acoustic performance before finalizing the design and committing to tooling, or they need help with designing and implementing psychoacoustic experiments, or, and this would be unlikely, they need a device for medical or industrial "sonic" treatment (or measurement) then yes, I would be guilty about my motives. This is not the case, here.

The swarm was an interesting idea which is promoted by fetishists whose motives and honesty I question.

The truth is many modest systems achieved great bass with proper speaker placement, modest acoustics, and soemtimes a sub with an EQ long before the swarm and there will still be systems with great bass long after the swarm.

To hear the fanatics tell it, no one has even heard bass before them, and only they can fix it. Also, only they know about room acoustics. It's magic. Ignore all the previous work that has gone before, because it's bunk before the swarm.

thanks for that @audiokinesis
Duke..when using 2 subs with floor standers, do they need to be identical or can they be close models...Could i use a REL S/3 with my REL S/5 ? thanks...I also have no room for 4

heaudio123
"No "sunshine", all the numbers show is that it can deliver 350 watts approx into 4 ohms with 1% distortion. Those numbers do not show output impedance which is what would actually jmpact frequency response"

As has already been sufficiently, properly, and correctly explained you are once again completely wrong even though you are partly correct but being partly correct is not fully correct. Output impedance is only one factor in this equation which you have sought to oversimplify by overlooking others factors as has been duly noted to you hear by others you’re pretending to be some kind of electronics/audio/acoustics "expert" suggests based on you’re own summation that you "perhaps" once worked for Radio Shack and are now qualified to call your self a "conskltant" even though you have such incomplete understanding of basic, rudimentary, fundamental elements involving audio and Music Reproduction Systems.
@jl35 wrote: "when using 2 subs with floor standers, do they need to be identical or can they be close models..."  

They do not need to be the same. 

Duke