EMM Lab CDSD transport motor resonating

Has anyone experienced any sort of resonating sound coming from their CDSD when playing certain CDs. This has happenned to me on two discs, the latest one with "Shirley Eikhard - Stay Open, Track 1 - Take It To The Max". I assume it has something to do with the rotation speed of the transport on that given track, because it slowly fades away past the 2 minute mark, and doesn't occur on any other track. It is extremely annoying and surprising for a $7K transport. I'm starting to wonder if I need to send it back, but I'm hesitating considering how difficult it has been to get it in the first place.
nikki
Thom_y - I also have the minor static pop once in a while, but it's never been much of a concern to me.

Oneobgyn - You are very fortunate to have never had any issues, but I trust that you are not trying to imply these issues are not real? I have also gone through 3 units and all of them made resonating sounds to varying degrees. However, the latest (non SE) version has been the quietest as all noises are certainly within reason. I do find it surprising that you have never heard anything with the original CDSD. My listening position is about 11 feet from the CDSD, and I could clearly hear the resonating over the music on about 10% of my discs.

I was becoming very frustrated with the transport. I invited the dealer to witness the problem first hand in my room and they agreed that it was unreasonable for a transport of this cost/calibre. My dealer was able to negotiate a new transport for me and I am grateful to them - as I believe they had to absorb considerable cost in doing so. There is certainly something to be said about great customer relationships, as I will continue to be a patron of their store.
As I said, I have never had a problem with any of my units so I canot affirm or deny that the issues are real. If you have had the problem as have others then for all you it is real. Fortunately never for me.
Oneobgyn,

Despite the fact that your 3 machines have been "flawless", the fact remains Nikki and I have had the same problem with noise from our CDSD. IT IS REAL ! In both cases, our transports were deemed acceptable, and the problem was addressed with insulation and in my case a new top without vents. Given that I was experiencing this with up to 1 one 4 or 5 CDs, I can't believe others have not had the same REAL problem. Perhaps, my room is too well sound protected from outside noise and I'm more apt to hear the noise coming from my CDSD. Anyways, I am happy the emmlabs and my dealer quickly dealt with this problem and fixed it reasonably.

As much as I really like the sound of the CDSD/DCC2, the fact remains for the price of the CDSD I would expect better. For over 8K, I would not expect the poping noises when a disc starts playing, the clicking when you use the remote to increase volume or change tracks, and the horrible key layout and general quality of the remote. The noise of the transport itself and the inability to play certain copy controlled discs (EMI Canada) has also been annoying for a system of level. It is important for this info to be available for others who may be experiencing the same issues, or for future emmlabs buyers. No point in trying to suggest this is imaginary.
You seem to be preaching to the choir as I never said that I dispute your problem. I was merely stating (and I will say again) that I have never encountered one problem with my units. I have never owned the DCC2 so I cannot comment as well on the clicking heard when you turn up the volume.BTW, as far as sound treated rooms I can say the same about mine as it too is overly treated so that if there is something going on I would hear it without any problem.

Have you ever talked with Jonathan Tinn about your problem?

One last question.....are both of you the original owners of these units? If so I would suggest you have them repaired under warranty.
Yes, I am the original owner and the repairs discussed above were just done under warranty.