More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
Eric, as the OP has a set of speakers that retail(ed) for about $8-10K USD, I think it is fair that true quality is his goal. He is also in an apartment, so you really want to avoid modes as that can increase the noise transfer to your neighbors and limit how much bass you can practically get.

Yeah, and you just made the argument for bass traps and room treatment.  Thank you.

Erik
Post removed 
Their room is set up for best sound!

Get a average sub and enjoy.
no need to spend a lot.

Newegg has An Energy sub for 112$ this weekend.
great sub, better price!

Cheers George

BHK Labs Measurements: Parasound Halo A31 Three-Channel Amplifier
  • 1% THD 232.8W @ 8 ohms, 352.0W @ 4 ohms
  • 10%THD 285.0W @ 8 ohms, 422.9W @ 4 ohms

heaudio
This is a misinterpretation of how an amplifier will behave or at least an interpretation without adequate knowledge.

Once again it’s you that has the inadequate knowledge sunshine, those wattage figures from 8ohm to 4ohm clearly show a lack of good current delivery in this amp especially even though it’s not shown for obvious reasons down to 2ohm where these speakers need power.
I already had made an argument for them. However in an apartment a bass array has far more chance of a successful implementation and likely less obtrusive.

Uh huh..... yeah, we have nothing at all but space in an apartment, space and money for 4 subs, and the wiring.... yeah, lots of that.

Or, as my experience and measurements have shown, you treat the room with some decent bass traps and wall coverings to ensure the treble/bass balance is correct but no.... that's too much ....???

Hahahha.  Cult.