Give Satanic Majesties A Chance

Hope all are doing well. My 92 year old mother beat the virus. So can you. But I digress.
I never liked SMR when it came out and neither did anyone else including the Stones, who described it as "rubbish".
But times change and I decided, for some reason, to pop my 2002 Inaugural Edition Hybrid Disc 2002 in the CD player.
It was a remaster and came with a Certificate of Authenticity. Authentic rubbish I guess. But anyway - there is quite a bit of aimless meandering in some of the songs, but the album was better than I remembered. "In Another Land", "She’s a Rainbow", "Citadel" are not bad songs and they’ve managed to capture some very nice piano, drums and bell sounds.
All in all, better than I remember. Maybe give it another listen if you’re so inclined, misuse of the plural possessive notwithstanding.   Be well.
chayro
@chayro congrats on your mom.  Great news!  
I too am a die hard stones fan and that’s the only album I don’t own.  I agree it has some decent material but overall not sure I could sit through it.   
I felt like both of you - I knew I hated it, so I didn't bother listening.  Until today.  Things change.  Now - I KNOW I hate Dark Side of the Moon.  
Maybe I'll try that tomorrow.  
AFAIK Stones started as Rhythm & Blues band, while Brian Jones started to steer toward psychodelic, very popular at the time as well. Mick and Keith were interested only in R&B (sole reason of forming the band).  There were many bands playing good psychodelic music, Vanilla Fudge being one of the best.  I had their record and been at their concert in Chicago.  In comparison SMR was a flop.
Did I like it? I liked 3D picture on the sleeve.