More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
Post removed 
In an attempt to be helpful to the OP I want to present the research data from Harman regarding multiple subs. The research is extensive with computer modeling and multiple variations in numbers and placement. It’s easy find online and well worth the reading. Multiple subs are not a cult but are scientifically proven to even out bass nodes but are they really necessary?  Where do you want to spend your limited funds?  Here is their conclusion:
” Four subwoofers are enough to get the best results of any configuration tried. Two subwoofers is very nearly as good and has very good low frequency support as well.”

The midrange is where most of the fidelity in reproduced recordings lies, in my opinion. Proper speaker positioning and an excellent midrange would be my first goal. If money is left over considering amplification, room treatments, cabling and two matched subs, then get two more. But as their research shows you can do very well with two high quality matched subs. 
The OP: I have 2 speakers and I’d like a little more bass, closer to what was in the showroom.

The cult: Your problem is you have 1/3 the number of speakers you need!! You must add 4 more, bring it up to six!!!

Are any of you listening to yourselves?? Really??
But since statistics is science, let’s consider the “odds “ of getting 4  or as some would say 5 objects placed in a convenient location vs. one....
:)  

Of course, the science shows that multiple subs don't have to be placed perfectly for them to do the job much better...