More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don’t seem to get that in my setup.

While I love subwoofers, room acoustics are a better place to look first.

The key part of your description here is that you say they sounded great in the showroom, which was probably better treated.

Why don’t you give GIK acoustics a call, and in particular ask about their soffit traps?

Do your room first, then you’ll be in a much better place to evaluate.

Best,

E
Try to put the speakers closer to a wall or corner. You should see an improvement in bass.