To horn or not to horn

I have never owned a horn speaker. I’m curious if there are any who are first time horn speaker owners after having owned other types of speakers for many years, and are you glad you switched?
needlebrush
My folks loved to dance, they would fire up the console, drop the tone arm and about 1 min later the Metregon would start sounding pretty good.

Horns, you can spend your life trying to get there.  Horn people, are horn people.

There are some neat looking ones through the years. Jensen, JBL, Klipsch, Altec. A LOT of handmade, one of a kind setups too, crazy looking stuff.

I had Imperial horns in my teens and early 20s, few speakers of the time were better. Of course I'd say that..LOL

I thought they were the Coolest Daddio. 
At various times my main speakers were Bose 901s, Series 1. Magnepan IIAs, Acoustat 2+2s and three way d'Appolito Dynaudio towers.  When it  comes to the realistic portrayal of music of all scales and types none of those systems could hold a candle to my present fully horn loaded, DSP controlled, tri-amplified DIY speakers.  Properly executed horns can be splendid.
I heard the big JBL’s once, they went for almost 50K for the pair.  If I could afford them and had the room to support them, I would have bought them in a heartbeat.  Nothing beats the dynamics of good horn speakers, but the good ones are very expensive.  
I have had some Ref 3A de Capos in my main system for 10 years. stand mount 2 way speakers no crossover. Love the sound.
A few years ago we bought a cabin in the mountains and i needed to put a second system together. I had just bought a 2/6 watt tube amp so needed some hi eff speakers. Had a choice of some wonderful Cornscalas (99db) or some Klipsch Quartets (97.5db). Both horns. heard them on Quicksilver minis and both were great and the Quartets were $400 in the box with crites upgraded crossover and Ti tweeters and about $600 less. Very different sound than I was use to, much more shouty. I like to think of the difference with my setup as the de Capos give a more recorded sound and the Quartets a more live sound. They both work just different. Now I wish I had bought those Cornscalas.....