Hsu CCB-8...What Have I Done?

Have you ever shopped and shopped for something until you are on the brink of either insanity or blowing the whole thing off, and then you find something on-line that seems to check all your boxes, and your wife is waiting for you to go to Joplin with her and the daughter to check out the daughter’s new duplex and they’re in the minivan with the motor running, and so you just click "buy"? Well, I have.

So...anybody familiar with these Hsu CCB-8’s?
jdmccall56

They have a 30 day return but customer pays shipping. Fair, I think.
I bought a pair. Stereo only. I will use a pair of subs, though. My Velo’s can’t cross over higher than 80 Hz and that is what Hsu recommends for them, so I should be OK there.
...and thanks!

"but they would appear to be rather sensitive to placement; especially toe-in."
@jdmccall, the opposite is true = correct.
From Hsu Specification:
"Frequency Response: 50 - 20 kHz +/- 2 dB, flattest at 15 degrees off
axis(designed for listening at 15 degrees off axis, speaker axes to cross
in front of listener)."
And Placement (manual):
"Toe in the CCB-8s The CCB-8s are designed to be toed in so you sit 15 degrees off axis. i.e., cross the axis of the coaxial drivers about a foot or two in front of you. This gives the most stable imaging and the widest sweet spot. The frequency response is also designed to be smoothest at 15 degrees off axis."

See the Review by Doug Blackburn (scroll down)!
"The CCB-8s also do something I don’t encounter very often. The center image remains centered when your listening position is well to the left or right of center. Last time I heard this effect, it came from a very expensive pair of German MBL Radialstrahler loudspeakers that featured three omni-directional drivers."

My Mains are designed in a similar fashion.
Now I have to try this for myself.

The Manual describes a sound recommendation for Placement with Seven feet from the rear wall.
The alternative is against the wall (as close as possible) with an absorber panel fitted behind the enclosure.

I don’t think you necessarily made a mistake and I really doubt you’ll regret buying them after listening to them (after a good amount of break-in of course). As others have said, Dr. Hsu knows what he’s doing. I think especially if these were for home theater they could be an outstanding value given their dispersion characteristics, and being able to position the speaker horizontally as a center speaker is also really nice.

That said, if they’re only for stereo there are other speakers in that price range that would have me second guessing a little. Specifically, the Wharfedale 11.2 or 11.3 (see Crutchfield) get nice reviews as does the excellent Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus just to name a few. All of these are in the same price range and, at least IMHO, are better looking speakers if that at all matters. But for sound quality in particular these speakers — especially the Silverlines — would be very stiff competition. Not trying to be a d*ck here, but since you mentioned the Hsus are returnable I just wanted to mention some viable alternatives in case they also may offer something attractive to you and to help potentially avoid the dreaded buyer’s remorse. I will say that if off-axis listening is a priority the Hsus may well be the best choice of the three. Best of luck.
The Hsu’s look like they have a pretty stout driver, definitely larger than the LS50’s, but my question is how would they compare?  I’m thinking LS50’s are more picky about associated equipment and I imagine the HSU’s will have more bass / more slam which LS50’s lack...