Can I go wrong with Stillpoint Ultra Mini anti-vibration isolation feet?

I am researching what anti vibration isolation feet to add to my components. I came across a Galen Carol article which compared and rated various isolation devices. The Stillpoints rated the highest among isolation feet with at 9 out of 10 rating. If purchased used I could afford Stillpoints bottom of the line Ultra Minis for my Marantz KI Ruby CD/SACD player and Luxmann L507u Mk2 integrated amp. Maybe later some more for my Shunyata Hydra Denal 6000/S power conditioner. Do you think these would be a good choice for my system in their price range of maybe $350 or more a set used.

If it makes a difference the rest of my system is a VPI Classic 2 turntable with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, and a pair of Magico A3 speakers. The components are sitting on built into the wall shelves. The top shelf for the CD player and turntable is a slab of marble floating on a cushion of that rubbery shelf liner you can use for kitchen drawers, which is on a floating slab of 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood on another piece of shelf liner over a fixed 3/4" plywood shelf. The integrated amp is on the middle shelf similarly designed but without the marble level. The bottom shelf, the same as the middle has the power conditioner and my DISH box for watching TV.

So what do you think? Would the Stillpoints be a good choice or should I be looking elsewhere and why. Again I’m only looking for feet, not shelves or platforms. I’m sure some of you have some experience with these devices and could help guide me along as I’ve none. Thank you for your thoughts and I'd appreciate your advice.

Below are some of the more affordable higher rated isolation feet I’ve been taking a look at from the Galen Carol list along with his 1-10 rating on each. The Stillpoints are a bit more pricey, but have the highest rating, so maybe are worth the extra investment. The full list is at https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/a-brief-survey-of-isolation-devices/

Aurios Classic- Roller Ball (8)

Pro Max- Roller Ball (7)

Decouplers- Roller Ball (5)

Black Diamond Racing (BDR) Cones- Rigid (5)

Clear Audio Magix- Other (7)

Daruma IIIi- Roller Ball (7)

DH Cones- Rigid (7)

Isolation Bearings- Roller Ball (7)

Finite Elemente Ceraball- Roller Ball/Other (7)

Cerapuc- Roller Ball/Other (8)

Gingko Mini Clouds- Viscoelastic (8)

Marigo Small Cones- Rigid (6)

Reference- Rigid (6)

Stillpoints- Other (9)

Symposium Rollerblocks - Roller Ball (8)

Thanks for looking,

Mike

skyscraper
I wonder if anyone else has tried ( feel free to laugh but they work pretty darn well IMO)
rubber hockey pucks
as isolation feet, for < $2 each hard to go wrong I have several sets that I use under amps, UDP.
+ geoffkait
+ discopants

Townshend Audio (UK) uses springs.
Solid Tech (Sweden) uses springs.
Lenehan Audio (Australia) uses springs.

The greatest improvement for under $100 I've heard are placing springs under speakers. Isolates the vibrations they create from the rest of the system, including the other speaker and electronics in the room. If the substrate they are used upon are suitably rigid.

http://thefunkfirm.co.uk/shop/accessories/bong/
I tried Stillpoints under numerous components years ago and found them very effective on some pieces and actually detracting under others. My point is that there is no one size fits all solution. Under my transport, I actually prefer my Symposium Roller Blocks. There is a Canadian company that makes feet to be used with speakers that are supposed to be very good that arent very expensive. The company is Iso.....something. 
Slaw, I’d been wondering about whether ceramic ceramic balls might be better in roller block applications. It’s interesting you’ve tried them. . I think McMaster-Carr carries them, but I’m not sure of the quality or smoothness of those..

Selecthi-fi, since you asked. I’m not trying to achieve anything specific with the anti-vibration devices. I’ve read that, like modern cables and interconnects, these devices can make your system sound better. I only bought my new system about a year ago. My older equipment was all purchased in the late seventies, where most of us used zip cords and I’d never heard of anti-virbration products. So if these anti-vibration footers work, like so may attest they do, I’ll soon find out. If they only make the sound different, not better, I’ll find out too. It makes sense they might work, so I’ll try them. I’ll look up the Townsend site you recommend too. Thanks

Rsf507, thank you.

Jtcf, maybe I’ll make up a sand box, I think I’ve a bag of sand out in the garage somewhere. I’m kind of leaning towards the Oreas you also use with the sand box too pending a bit more research and listening to everyone’s advice here. So maybe sand boxes could be a later tweak if I go with them

Geoffkait, I’ve been reading some of older posts recommending the springs for vertical vibation isolation. Do you recommend putting them under the component as footers under a roller bearing device, or under a floating platform. And if you have a minute, what do you mean by a "double layer mass-on-spring system". Thanks

Discopants, you’ve put a lot of thought and effort into your system. I’ll take a look at some of those products you mentioned as I keep learning here. Thank you.

Tt1man, you additionally have gone the extra mile way beyond my skill level. Appreciate what you have done.

Ebm, where are you applying the Magico Q-pods. I’d only read one comment on them while researching yesterday by someone not caring for them, so its interesting you prefer them to the Stillpoints.

Dodgealum, thank you for sharing your experience with the Ultra-Mini’s. Have you tried any other product to compare them with?

Steakster, thanks for your comments. I have been learning a lot by reading old posts and product reviews on these devices. I never expected it to so complex a subject. I was all set to go out and but a few Vibrapods not knowing all that was involved in ani-vibation devices. I had read up some to help design my cabinetry housing the components, but the footers were previously only an afterthought.

My flooring upstairs where the system’s located is 3/4" tongue and groove oak over 3/4" plywood nailed into denser SYP (Southern Yellow Pine) 2x10" joists. the nails are the steel twist type and located in the 3/4" oak planks to screw directly into the 2x10’s. So the floor is pretty rock solid, but not as solid as the slab on grade downstairs.

Thanks for you input on the Symposium Rollerball and Isoacoustic products, too. (By the way, get yourself a good pool table. Basically the same game as golf without all the unnecessary walking around, frustration chasing balls, or putting up with poor weather.)

Auditionaudio, Sounds sensible, but does complicate matters that different devices work better or worse with given components. Nothing good ever comes easily though. Kind of costly to be trying out different devices on each component though. I wonder if certain types of devices work better on certain types of components. Have any of you found that to be true?

Atagulkula, if I had some hockey pucks, I’d give ’em a shot on you say so.

Rixthetrix, maybe I could retrofit my floating Baltic Birch plywood and marble platforms to accept springs rather tham lay on the rubber like shelf liner they are currently on. sounds like a future experiment to consider for sure. I’ll wait and see what Geoff recommends on spring placement. Thanks.

And thank you all for so many replies today. I was really surprised and pleased to hear from so many of you, and will carefully consider all your advice.

Mike
Sorbothane Vibration Isolation Circular Disc Pads

They come in different dia sizes, th. and stiffness matching wt. of supported unit
For a truckload of money saved, upgrade you speakers/room acoustics...you'll benefit more
Talk to structural engineers/mechanical engineers about vibration, not audio experts..
Best Regards