Has anyone heard the Lexicon MC-10 processor and can they describe its characteristics.

My Krell 4K Foundation processor needs repair, and that will take a while, if ever.  I am considering a Lexicon MC10 in the meantime.  I used to have Lexicons , (CP series, MV 5 and MC 12), before and thought they were musical, warm, transparent and provided excellent natural sound.  I do not have the ability to audition the MC-10 and before purchasing a new one on line from a dealer, I would hope a qualified critique of this piece could be shared here.  The rest of the system is Mark Levinson Reference Amps and Revel Salon 2 speakers.  Thank you in advance for all serious replies.
128x128robertwdavie
Please be aware that I have seen a number of Lexicon processors being sold without the remote.  If you don't have the remote, it's impossible to configure the unit.
Do you know if a Universal Remote will accommodate a Lexicon MV5 with the proper codes installed on the remote?

Thanks for the response Erik.  I tried the Marantz and found the sound to be shrill and cold.  Not musical at all like the older Lexicons I had used.  They seem to be a standard for the market these days.  I was hoping for something with warmth and power.
I'm not a Marantz fan per se, they are just readily available.

I have no such issue with my AVM 50. It sounds great.  I'm using it to feed my Luxman integrated, so I can assure you it does not have that shrill cold sound of some mass market units. I hope to upgrade to the latest when normal life resumes.
Well we will find out together . I just ordered one. I am replacing a Marantz 8805 that is currently in service. Initially , I just wanted to try Dirac as I keep hearing how much better it is. I did some research and every person I talked to said I was in for quite a surprise. Audio Advice, which sell both the units , told me

"The 8805 isn’t in the same class as the MC10. Like Comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic."  

Here's a little teaser ... 

https://youtu.be/UbKipNwY1iY